Chapter 42

*Tuesday afternoon*

Renee wrapped her arm around Dean's neck as she deepened the kiss. That's when Dean decided to break the kiss.

"What wrong babe?"

"Renee I need you to be honest with me right now. Can you do that?"

"Yeah but--"

Dean cut her off.

"What are you not telling me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Renee I know you're hiding something so what is it?"

Renee sighed but didn't answer.

"Alex wouldn't act this way for no reason so what the hell is going on? I know you know something." Dean pried on.

"That's where you're wrong. I don't know anything!" Renee exclaimed flailing her hands around in the air.

Dean stared at Renee for a few minutes. The blonde interview squirmed feeling uncomfortable under Dean's stare.

"You're lying."

"Oh my god! Fine Dean. What Alex told you about the Authority making up a plan to break you guys up was true. I didn't take part in it though." Renee said.

"But you knew."

Renee knew she would regret telling him but there was no going back now.

"And you didn't tell me." Dean clarified.

"Yeah but I--"

"I think it's time for me to go....um see you around I guess." Dean said standing up off the couch.

"Dean babe don't go. I'm sorry." Renee pleaded but it was too late.

Dean walked out the hotel room without another word.

It was a good thing he decided to room with Roman instead of Renee this time.

Dean walked down the hallway when his phone rang.

He looked at the Caller ID.

Vince McMahon

Why was he calling Dean personally? There was no time to dwell on that question though. Dean picked up because if he didn't who knows what would happen. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Dean it's Vince."

"Hey boss is there something wrong?"

"Yes kind of. I need you to meet me at the arena immediately."

That made Dean a bit anxious. What could possibly be wrong?

"Okay I'll be there in maybe twenty minutes."

"Sounds good."

Vince then hung up.

What was going on?

***

Lately it felt like everything in Alex's life was slowly falling apart. In the last month Alex lost her boyfriend, lost a lot of trust in people, and left the authority.

There was no telling what was next. Just last night Alex could of easily lost her title. It was all becoming a bit too much.

But what was really hard yesterday was telling Dean to leave her alone. She has wanted badly to talk to Dean before but that hasn't gone the way she intended.

Dean was just now making an effort. You can call Alex stupid or harsh or whatever else you can think of but Alex wasn't going to just run back to Dean.