Chapter 36

*Wednesday* 

Alex groaned as she saw the fans standing in front of the hotel's entrance.

Randy and Alex had just gotten to Chicago about a half hour ago but were currently just pulling up to the hotel everyone was apparently staying at. 

Sure Alex loved meeting her fans and admirers but right now she wasn't in the mood to talk with them. 

Randy noticed this as he turned off the ignition.

"Just smile and give them a simple hello okay?"

Alex nodded in response. She retrieved her luggage from the trunk then Alex put on a smile hoping that it seemed sincere but she was almost positive that it would look like one of the most phoniest smile ever.

The fans went crazy shoving things in her face for her to sign. Alex kept it classy and just sent a wave their way.

Randy signed a few autographs so they wouldn't feel totally neglected. Mean while Alex walked over to the the front desk in lobby so she could check in.

The receptionist smiled at Alex.

"May I help you?"

"Um yes. Can you check me in, I'm supposed to be sharing a suite under the name Seth Rollins."

"Seth Rollins..Seth Rollins." The woman repeated to herself as she typed away on the computer to her right.

"Ah there we go the suite is on the 7th floor. Here's your keycard. Enjoy your stay."

Alex nodded and said a small thank you.

Randy then entered the lobby as well.

"So I guess I'll see you later?" Randy asked.

Alex said nothing.

"I'll see you at Smackdown.." Alex soon confirmed.

"What about tonight for Main Event?"

Alex just shrugged before walking away to the elevator.

Randy was confused Alex usually always went to Main Event. It was weird.

The doors to the elevator were closing until a hand stopped them. The person happened to be Corey Graves.

"Oh hey Alex."

Alex responded with a simple head nod just to recognize that she heard him. It seemed like he dropped off the face of the earth when Dean broke up with her. It kinda bothered her a bit.

Corey decided make small talk because it was getting awkward. It could've been because he was acting all friendly with her one minute then the next they act like never met.

"So I heard about your breakup with Dean. I'm so sorry."

"Yeah..it's whatever." Alex played it off like she didn't care.

Corey could tell she was putting on a front and he had to admit that he was starting to feel guilty. But he needed the money badly. It's not like he killed anyone right?

"You don't have to put on a front Alex I know you're hurt." Corey said calmly. He really meant that too.

"I'm not putting on a front. I'm fine." Alex said continuing on with her lie.

Right at that very second. The elevator stopped moving.

"What the.."

Maybe this was like a sign or something. Corey has actually been debating on whether or not he should tell Alex about what's really going on but now seemed like the perfect time.