Chapter 43

You may need to reread the last chapter (chapter 42) if you don't remember what's currently going on. It's been a while since my last update.

Contains sexual content

(not the good kind either😕)

*Still Tuesday*

"Twenty dollars regular. Thanks." Dean said to the man.

After the man finished filling up the car they had more than half a tank so they were back on the road.

When at the gas station Dean bought some snacks for them to share. Alex on the other hand bought a pack of cigarettes. Alex only smoke when stressed out unlike Dean.

It was like they were switching places. Weird.

Currently Dean had a Twizerler in his mouth as he continued driving. When he stopped at a red light Alex unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Um..what are you doing?" Dean said hesitant in his voice.

The tension was already thick in the car. He didn't wanna start another argument.

"Getting your lighter." Alex said casually.

"May I ask for what? You know since you're going into MY bag."

"To light my cigarette Dean. God you're stressing me out."

He scoffed at Alex's remark.

"I'm stressing you out??? I should be the one stressed out. I'm the one who had travel to New York just to pick you up and all you've been doing is arguing with me and giving me a hard time ever since you've gotten into the car."

Alex said nothing in response. She retrieved Dean's lighter and then sat back down just as the light turned green.

Alex winded down her window and lit up her cigarette. She took a drag and exhaled the smoke outside the window.

Dean glared at her and let out a sigh.

"What?" Alex asked noticing Dean's eyeing her.

"Nothing." 

Right then Dean's phone began to ring playing The Shield's old theme song.

Sierra

Hotel

India

Echo

Lima

Delta

Shield

"That's your ringtone?" Alex questioned with a smirk.

"Shut up. It's catchy." Dean mumbled before answering the phone.

Alex chuckled at that. She missed bothering Dean.

"You're not supposed to be talking on the phone while driving." Alex warned.

Dean glared at her with a smirk of his own forming.

Dean put the phone on speaker so he could focus more on the road.

"Yeah Vince she's with me right now."

"We will be back in New York by tomorrow morning." Dean informed.

"Whoa Dean no need to rush it. Relax we don't need you two getting into any accidents. So slow down and drive carefully. Alex has been through enough for one day."