Inner Thoughts

Rukia looked around confused. She lay on a blue skyscraper that seemed to be on its side. There were tall blue buildings everywhere, and a vast blue sky with sideways clouds. She stood up from where she lay. "Rukia, my Queen." Rukia turned around quickly at the voice. Her hand went straight to the hilt of her Zanpakutō.

The man she saw looked almost identical to Ichigo. The differences in him were his white skin, white hair, black and gold eyes, and big evil smile. The man laughed.

"Who are you?" Rukia asked forcefully.

"I'm Ichigo's inner hollow, and this place is his inner world." The man walked closer to her, and Rukia tightened her grip on her sword. "What? You think I'd hurt my Queen?"

"W-what-" The hollow rested his hand on Rukia's shoulder, standing real close.

"Hey!! Don't touch her!" The hollow turned around quickly and his sword clashed with another.

"Ichigo...!" Rukia said surprised. The hollow flashed stepped behind him, running his Zanpakutō through Ichigo's back. The tip of his sword stuck out of his chest. Ichigo fell to his knees.

Rukia got angry and attempted to pursue the hollow herself when he flashed stepped behind her and raised his sword to her neck. She froze, and Ichigo stared frightened of what his hollow might do. The hollow enjoyed the look on Ichigo's face, and laughed again. He put his Zanpakutō in his sheath on his back and hugged Rukia from behind; his arms around her waist. Ichigo was on the ground helpless and drenched in blood. "Oh Rukia..." The hollow nuzzled his face on the crook of her neck.

"Let go of her!" Ichigo was being completely ignored. The hollow only held her tighter as Rukia struggled to break free.

"You know, King thinks pretty highly of you. You should hear all the things he thinks and says in his mind." Rukia knew right away who the hollow was referring to when he said King. The hollow chuckled. "You wanna hear?" Rukia frowned deeply.

"No." She said sternly.

"C'mon-"

"I said no!" Ichigo watched and silently begged that his thoughts wouldn't be revealed. The hollow disregarded what Rukia was saying and played Ichigo's thoughts anyway.

Rukia's strong.
I love how she's always so confident.
Damn... She's pretty.
I think I'm in lov-

Rukia kicked the hollow hard in his stomach. He coughed up blood and fell to the ground. Ichigo's cheeks were burning. He hated his hollow with a passion. The only thing he wanted to do was give his hollow the only beat down. Ichigo faced the ground and clenched his fist. He felt as if a hundred pound weight was dropped in his stomach. He felt a big lump in his throat.

The sky in his inner world became cloudy, and rain started pouring down hard. Ichigo was not watching Rukia. He wasn't ready to see her reaction. Ichigo continued to stare at the ground. He was frozen in place, until he saw a green light from the corner of his eye. He slowly turned his head. Rukia was hovering over him, healing him with her Kidō.

Ichigo tried getting up, but he was still to injured. He groaned at the pain. He wanted to leave. Rukia was the last person he wanted to see. "Let me heal you first." Not having any other choice, he just kept still. He looked at the spot Rukia had been and saw his hollow beaten to a bloody pulp.

Ichigo and Rukia opened there eyes. They were in Ichigo's room, perfectly safe. Earlier that day, numerous hollows came to the World of the Living from what seemed like all corners of Hueco Mundo. Ichigo was near death, being stubborn, he refused to go into his Bankai state. He was the only Soul Reaper in Karakura Town at the time. The only possible explanation for Rukia somehow entering Ichigo's inner world would be there spiritual pressure combining as Rukia tried healing him. But that's not what either of them were thinking about.

Ichigo's eyes met Rukia's. He quickly turned away and his cheeks were red. That damn hollow revealing his thoughts like that. It was plain cruel. Ichigo stared at the floor and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room. "It's ok Ichigo." Rukia said, wanting to comfort him as much as she could. He felt tears sting his eyes. Rukia was such a good friend. His feelings for her could ruin their relationship. He was afraid she'd reject him. He was afraid of losing the bond they had. "I'll be right back." Rukia said and left the room.

After a short moment Rukia returned to see Ichigo sitting on the floor with his head down. "Here." She handed him a bottle of water. Ichigo's heart was pounding. He's never felt so embarrassed in his life. Ichigo's hand shook as he brought the bottle to his lips. He spilled water on his clothes and floor. "I'll go get-"

"I got it." He whispered. He couldn't even speak. Ichigo got up and left, leaving Rukia alone in his room. Not too long afterwards, her soul pager went off. Rukia answered the call from Captain Ukitake.

"Hello, Captain?"

"Hi Rukia. I need you in Squad 13's barracks now. You'll be relieved of you Karakura Town duties for the week." Said Captain Ukitake.

"Yes Captain." Rukia hung up the phone. She lingered in Ichigo's room before leaving.

Ichigo walked back into his room and saw that Rukia was gone. He sighed, still feeling sad and embarrassed and cleaned the water he spilled. Ichigo changed into a clean shirt when he saw a piece of paper on his desk. It was a note left by Rukia. He picked it up and read it.

Captain Ukitake needs me in Squad 13's barracks. I'll probably be back in a week. Ichigo, I know what your hollow did was wrong. Letting me, or anyone else hear something so personal as your thoughts is beyond cruel. Although, it's funny, your thoughts are very similar to mine:

Ichigo is so powerful.
I really love how he's so determined.
Damn... Ichigo's hot.
I think I'm in love with him.

-Rukia

Fin.