Kids Menu

Ichigo held Rukia's hand as they walked towards the restaurant. He held the door open for her so she could walk through. They were at a casual restaurant that Ichigo brought Rukia to on there first date. They found themselves going to it often when there were no hollows to fight, or if they were just hungry.

A young lady seated them at a small booth and handed Ichigo and Rukia their menu's. Rukia grabbed a crayon and started doodling her rabbit drawings on her menu and playing the games while Ichigo concentrated on ordering his meal. Rukia looked up from her drawing and looked at Ichigo. "Hey, how come you never get one of these?" she asked pointing at her menu.

"Because I'm not a kid." He said nonchalantly. Rukia paused.

"Then how come I get one?"

"Because the people here think you're a kid," he said in the same tone.

"What?! But why?"

"Rukia...haven't you noticed?"

"Well why haven't you said anything to them?? I bet they think I'm your daughter or something!" she complained.

"I haven't said anything because you won't eat all your food if you order from this menu. And plus, you seem to be enjoying yourself," he said looking at her rabbit drawings. She crumpled the paper.

"That's not true! You don't know if I won't eat all my food! And don't forget I'm older then you!" he sighed.

"Fine," Ichigo handed Rukia his menu. She grabbed it and opened it. Ichigo couldn't even see the top of her head above the menu as she scanned it to see what she would get.

"Ok. I know what I want," she said as she came to a decision.

"Let me see," Rukia pointed at what she wanted and showed Ichigo. He held in a chuckle. He knew she wouldn't be able to eat it all. The portions were bigger then the kids menus'.

The waiter came by and asked for their orders. When she came back with the food, Ichigo and Rukia exchanged glances. Ichigo looked at her with a cocky expression. Rukia had the feeling he might win, but she didn't dare show it. She looked down at her plate. The portions were way bigger then she usually had.

Rukia took a bite of her food. Then another, and another. She looked up at Ichigo who was eating his food without a problem. After a several more bites, she started feeling full. She forced a couple more bites into her mouth. Dammit... I would've been done already if I ordered from the kids menu! She started moving her food around her plate.

"What's wrong Rukia?" Ichigo asked with a fake concerned tone and a smirk on his face.

"Nothing," she frowned and forced another bite.

Ichigo finished his food and he began watching Rukia struggle to eat all her food. Rukia moved her food around her plate and tried to make it look like she ate most of it. It was unsuccessful though, since she hadn't eaten a lot of it. Ichigo looked at his watch. They've been there for more then a hour or so.

"Ichigo..." Rukia said in a low voice.

"Yeah?"

"I don't want anymore."

Fin.