I'm Sorry

Ichigo and Rukia got into their spirit forms and jumped out the window right away when they got alerted about the hollow. A spirit was just about to get eaten by the hollow, but Ichigo grabbed the little boy then performed Konsō. Rukia was just about to slice the hollow in half, when something caught her eye. She looked to the side of her and saw a store with a big Chappy logo on it. Getting distracted, the hollow quickly made its move and swung it's huge claw at her. Ichigo's eyes widened. "Oi Rukia!" Ichigo quickly flash stepped in front of her slicing the hollow in half, getting a deep cut on his arm. He placed his Zanpaktō back in his sheath.

"Ichigo! Y-your..." Rukia looked at his arm with a sad expression.

"It's ok, I'm ok. Let's just get it healed." He said with a smile trying to make sure she didn't feel bad.

They went to Orihime's place first and she used her Shun Shun Rikka. But it was taking unusually long for Ichigo's arm to heal. "Is everything alright?" He asked Orihime.

"I'm sorry Ichigo, but for some reason its not working." She said and put her Shun Shun Rikka away. She looked down. "I'm sorry Ichigo..."

"It's fine. I'll go to Urahara's. He might be able to do something."

Ichigo and Rukia flash stepped to Urahara's while the whole way, his arm continued to bleed. Rukia knocked on the door. "Rukia and Ichigo... What a pleasure it is to see you." He said, smiling behind his fan.

"I need you to see what's with my arm. It's not healing with Orihime's Shun Shun Rikka." Kisuke examines his arm and quickly notices the spiritual pressure on it.

"The hollow seems to have left a poison, it's not that bad, it can be healed with lots of spiritual pressure. Other than that, your arm has to heal the old fashioned way." He said. Rukia looked away sorrowfully. Once Kisuke wrapped his arm in bandages, Ichigo immediately went up to Rukia to make sure that she was okay. First he stared at her. She wasn't making eye contact with him and kept her head down as they walked home.

"Why do you look so sad?" He asked even though he already knew why.

"I'm sorry. It was all my fault."

"You know how you can make it better-"

"Don't tell me not to blame myself." She said firmly looking up at him. Her eyes were full of sadness, it tugged at his heart. When they arrived home, they got into their bodies. Ichigo changed out of his clothes and put on a regular t-shirt and sweats while Rukia put on one of his shirts to sleep in. They sat quietly in Ichigo's room. Rukia at his desk, and Ichigo on his bed. Rukia closed the sketch book that sat on the desk top and put it in the closet.

"What are you doing?" Ichigo asked.

"Nothing." She said quietly. Ichigo walked up to her and stopped her from closing the closet door. He looked at her with a scowl.

"Stop it." He said angrily and grabbed the sketch book out of the closet.

"No." Rukia tried to yank the book out of his hands but was no match to him. It was like a quick game of tug-a-war, with Ichigo winning in the end. A page with a picture of Ichigo and Rukia as bunnies holding hands ripped in half in the process. Ichigo's wound opened up, the blood showing clearly through the bandages, and Rukia fell to the ground.

"Are you ok?" They both asked in unison and having a clear worried expression on their faces. They paused. Rukia was the first one to make a move. She got up and grabbed the sketch book out of Ichigo's hand and the torn page and put them back in the closet. Then she stopped to look at Ichigo, then grabbed his hurt arm gently.

"...Sorr-"

"Stop blaming yourself, dammit!" He said loudly and angrily. Rukia was caught by surprise and took a small step back. It was quiet.