Reassured

17 months without his Soul Reaper powers. What's even worse was 17 months without Rukia.

Ichigo grabbed Rukia and held her tightly. After turning off the lights and getting ready for bed, they fell asleep with his arms around her protectively.

"Oi... Rukia." It seemed like she was extremely far away, and couldn't hear a thing he was saying. A huge hollow was coming at her, Ichigo had his combat pass with him. "Rukia!" He ran as fast as he could while pressing the combat pass to his chest. Nothing happened. He wasn't able to change into his spirit form. He kept running and running. "Rukia watch out!" The hollows huge claw came straight towards her, but she just kept walking.

Rukia crawled into bed with Ichigo. She had just got up to kill a hollow in the middle of the night and didn't want to wake up Ichigo. He looked tense, and actually frightened. "Ru...kia..." He said in his sleep. Rukia looked at him with a sad and concerned expression on her face. She snuggled closer to him and began caressing him and softly running her fingers through his hair. His eyes opened slowly. She leaned towards him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The moonlight pouring into the room was enough for them to see each other's eyes. They didn't need to talk. Feeling reassured, Ichigo wrapped his arms around Rukia again, and they both fell asleep.

Fin.