Home

I panted as I hit the last target with Sokatsui, without an incantation. I was in the Kuchiki Manor training ground. I slashed the next target with my Zanpaktou, and froze the next one with Tsukishiro. Renji clapped for me. I completed my session precisely. Then Byakuya came from behind. "I know you can do better, Rukia."

"Y-yes Brother."

"Remember, there's a meeting with the Kuchiki clan tomorrow. And you have paper work to fill out. You won't be going to the World of the Living until all your work is done. I'll be going now." Renji and I bowed as Byakuya left. I sighed.

"Isn't Ichigo expecting you today?" Renji asked.

"Uhh, yeah." I frowned.

"Byakuya pushes you pretty hard. Remember, I'm here if you need any help." Renji smiled and waved goodbye.

I went to my desk and started the paper work that was left there for me. I looked out the window. It was getting late. The sun went down already. I looked at the stack of papers, wishing that it would disappear in a blink of an eye.

"Rukia... Wake up."

"Huh? What!" I jumped from my chair to see Byakuya standing in front of me. I took off the piece of paper that was stuck to my face.

"Hurry and wash up. The meeting is starting in two hours. He said sternly and walked away. I got a good look at myself in the mirror. I had ink on my face and my hair was a mess. I groaned.

"I just wanna go home." I whined quietly. I quickly jumped in the shower. As I was washing my hair I realized what I had just said. I just wanna go home... Home... Aren't I home already...?

I put on my Shihakushō and quickly ran to the meeting hall. I sat at my assigned seat, and began spacing out. The World of The Living isn't my home, right?

Byakuya snapped me out. "Answer the question Rukia."

"Ichigo...!" The members of the Kuchiki clan looked at me strangely. Byakuya gave me the only death stare. My face turned a deep red and I quickly clamped my hands onto my mouth. "Uhh... S-sorry!" I blurted out. "I have to go!" I got up from my seat and left the meeting. I'm going to be in so much trouble. Although I knew how bad the consequences were, I just kept running. I opened up a Senkaimon gate and left the Soul Society. I went to Urahara's place, got into my gigai and ran. I didn't get far though. I bumped into someone and fell. I jumped. The first thing on my mind was that someone was going to bring me back to the Kuchiki Mansion and punish me.

"Rukia...!" I looked up to see Ichigo. He brought me into a hug, then pulled away and frowned. "Where the hell were you?! I thought you were coming back from Soul Society yesterday!" He yelled. "You know how worried I was! What if something bad happened?! I was about to go to Kisuke's and get you." I finally processed what happened.

"Ichigo! I- they... They're-!"

"Rukia calm down. Calm down. What happened?" He asked easily. I explained to him what happened, with the meeting, saying his name out loud, and leaving as we walked to his house hand in hand. 

We walked up to his room. "If they're coming for you, I won't let them get you." He said. He sat me on his lap and I snuggled close to him.

Home is with Ichigo.

Fin.