Cashier Guy

"Wait? Really?! Rukia's coming from Soul Society today?" I asked Kisuke, feeling thrilled by the news. He waved his fan back and forth.

"Yes, yes. Calm down. Why are you so excited?" He smirked. I paused. Uhh... Good question. I then frowned and slammed my hand onto the table nearly spilling the tea.

"You should've told me earlier!!"

"Why?"

"Because-" I froze. I actually thought of getting her something she might like before she got here. I sighed. "Just, tell me ahead of time. Alright?"

"Ok... But how will I contact you?" Kisuke ended up giving me an old phone to use. It was the same one he gave Uryu.

"Oh, hold on how do you know when Rukia is coming? Will she be getting here later today?"

"Captain Ukitake informs me and yes, she'll arrive tonight."

"Ok thanks Kisuke!" I said while heading out the door.

I ran to the small store that was close to my house. A bell rang when I opened the door. "Welcome!" Said the young man behind the counter. I walked around the shelves looking for something good. I came upon a pink Chappy lollipop. She'll like this. I put the lollipop on the counter. "A Chappy the Rabbit lollipop?" He said. "Weird for a guy like you to buy something like this." The guy said. I blushed then frowned.

"It's for someone."

"Hmm. A friend?"

"Well y-"

"Oh oh! I know! Your girlfriend, right?" He said smiling like he just answered a very hard question correctly. Girlfriend?? I blushed.

"Y-yeah... I guess." I scratched the back of my head.

"Aha! I knew it!" He scanned the candy. "I should put this in a bag. Don't wanna ruin your reputation carrying this around right?" I looked at him like he was crazy. Who does he think I am?

"Whatever."

4 Weeks Later

I ran into the store panting. The door swung open with a loud and unexpected ring. "Oh! It's you again." Said the cashier guy. I simply ignored him, keeping a scowl on my face. I shoved my hands in my pockets and strolled through the store. "I wonder what you'll get for your girlfriend. That is why your here, right?" This time I grabbed a small packet of gummy candy.

"Yeah." I said in a low tone.

"How's she doing?" What is wrong with this guy?

"Why are you so nosy?" I asked. He just shrugged.

"Is she pretty?" I blushed.

"Yeah." He scanned the candy and I handed him some money. He smiled.

"Ok I'll see you next time!"

"It'll probably be while... You won't remember my face." I mumbled to myself.

"Yes I will! Your hair is as bright as the sun!" I stopped. Man... This guy's weird.

"Whatever." I grumbled.

7 Weeks Later

I walked into the store. The familiar ring sounded in my ears. "Welcome!" Said the annoying cashier guy. I grunted as a response and roamed the store. I grabbed a sour candy and placed it on the counter. "I'd like to meet your girlfriend one day! Your gonna bring her over right?!" Said the guy as he scanned the candy.

"You ask as if I've already answered that." I stated. "My girlfriend isn't interested." I blushed and turned around to hide it.

"Aww man." The cashier guy complained. "Well, see ya next time!"

5 Weeks Later

I walked through the stores door and was faced with some one unexpected. I blushed. "Rukia?!"

"Hi Ichigo." She said. "Is this the place where you get the candy?"

"Wow! So this is your girlfriend? She's beautiful!" The guy shouted. I blushed even more.

"Girlfriend?" Rukia questioned innocently. "The cashier guy thinks I'm your girlfriend?"

"Uh... No... No, umm-"

"Huh? She's not your girlfriend? But he talks about you all the time!" What?! It's always him talking!

"Sh-shut up!" Damn cashier guy...

"Hey guys." Kisuke walked into the store.

"Ki-Kisuke?!" He smirked behind his fan.

"Ichigo. You never answered my question. I still wondered why you wanted me to tell you ahead of time when Rukia was coming. So, I followed your spiritual pressure. Then the next time Rukia was coming here, I told her to meet you at the store!" He gave his stupid smile. My face turned even more red. And that cashier guy just kept looking at Rukia in awe.

Damn Kisuke...

Fin.