Mitch imagine for anyone pt. 1

this and the Preston letter imagine are so far my favs

I'm now your older sister, hello

also this is really just girls but if you're a guy just pm me and I'll edited it for you (goes for any imagine)

"Y/N," Mitch speaks into the phone. "I need your help. Can I come over?"

"Um yeah, sure," you say confused on what he needs help on. He should be getting ready for prom.

You and Mitch had been attached to each other ever since preschool and through those years, you'd developed a crush. Your friends would always say he had a crush too, but you never believed them. When prom was coming up, you had a feeling maybe you should ask him since it was girls ask guys, but someone beat him to you.

You didn't know the girl very well, just that she was nice. You didn't hate her, just envied her for taking Mitch and you didn't. Since you didn't know any other guys, you ended up deciding not to go even though your older sister, Kylie, told you that you should go even if you just went with your friends. (I suggest going I didn't go to my dance and I kind of regret it)

Ten minutes later, Mitch walked through the door since your family trusted him enough to tell him where the spare key was. Your and his family are really close. "Y/N, I'm really in a pickle. I tried asking Jerome for help, but he wouldn't once he found out my trouble," Mitch breathes out in long labored breaths.

"What is it Mitch? Spit it out," you urge getting him a bottle of water. He takes a gulp letting out one heavy breathe before tinting to you.

"I need you to teach me how to slow dance," he explains leaving you breathless. Don't you slow dance with only people super close to you? Kylie taught you how to slow dance when you were younger, so yes you knew how to.
"Okay," you say before your mind can truly process it. Too late to turn back now.

You motion him over to the living room and grab Kylie's old CD playing Can't Help Falling In Love covered by Ingrid Michaelson. (Listen to it or tøp's version)
"Okay," you begin standing in front of him so you're face to face. "Take her hand, take a breath," he does so taking you hands into his, "pull her close and take one step." You begin to dance slowly, him looking down to make sure he doesn't step on your bare feet. "Keep your eyes locked with hers and let the music be your guide," you explain best you can and you slowly get into the rhythm of the piano.

Soon, you're moving faster around the living room avoiding the furniture as if you both were pros. To catch you off guard, he twirls you around to the bridge making you smile. How could one boy make you feel so special. He never failed to sweep you off your feet.

But unfortunately, the song ends sooner than you wished and you sigh hoping he didn't notice. "Well," you begin a pit forming in your stomach, "I hope you have fun at prom. I'll... talk to you later."

"Yeah, uh, thanks, Y/N,"..Mitch says before leaving.

That was one of the worst moments in your life.

Seconds part should be out tomorrow or Saturday

A/N (short and important)
Okay so I've made a schedule for updating my books I'm not going to guarantee that I will update and I'm not going to say that all my updates will be one the designated day. It's more of just an outline but I will break the outline sometimes (I'm EST btw)

Usually Pal-frences would be Wednesday but I just downloaded the HSM3 soundtrack and listened to Can I Have This Dance (I cried) and thought of this

Yes, you do say the first verse yolo

Okay I'm going to bed goodnight
<3
Btw this'll be super cliché but oh whale 🐳