34 - Olivia

34 - Olivia

I fixed my top. I was not used to borrow clothes from someone else, and was surprised that Emmalyn's clothes fit me. I most definitely needed to gain some weight. She was much shorter than I was. Her clothes should not fit me. I was glad to note that my appetite was coming back. Since I was eating out, I was having a bigger calorie intake.

My mother had not bothered on demanding why I was not eating her nutritious and balanced foods anymore. Neither was she complaining and scolding me for not going to ballet classes or brunches anymore, or for having quit my job by simply never showing again. At the back of my mind, something told me this was alarming, and that I should pay more attention to it, but I was having such a good time living like this that I pushed the thought away every time that it came around.

As soon as we had parked, Emmalyn had fretted over Sam, and we quickly went into the house party to search for him. She had found him about ten minutes ago, and that was why I was on a corner on my own. She had given me an apologetic look, for he had wanted to take her out and show her a constellation he had spotted as he waited for her.

They were truly a match made in heaven. I could not understand what the fascination or romance of showing a constellation to someone else could be, but there was the proof that I was quite different from both of them. It was a mystery, up to today, how Emma and I got along so great.

I moved my hips to the beat of the dance music as I sipped from my drink. Some guy that wanted to be a bartender made it and was now closely watching everyone, to see if they liked what he had prepared.

I heard a tumult and turned my head in the direction of the noise. It was then that I noticed Henry and his posy of people coming into the living room after him. I tensed and knew I had to get out of there right away.

I scurried through people and excused myself as I bumped with them, spilling my drink all over the place. The bartender wannabe was not happy. I finally got to the staircase and practically ran to the second floor. I found an empty room and locked myself in there. It was rude to wander off into people's house, but then they should not make these wild parties. And I was sure there were people having sex in other rooms, so my hiding here did not really hurt anyone.

I could not believe I had escaped them. My heart beat wildly inside my chest and I clutched my now nearly empty drink. Then there was a tap on the door and I jumped out of my skin. After evening my breath I turned to the door and unlocked it. Before I could even open it, whoever was on the outside pushed the door open, almost knocking me to the ground.

I staggered back and when I looked up I was met by Victoria's feline grin. She looked like a hungry lion in front of its prey, and I felt exactly like that.

'I thought I had seen you come up,' she casually commented, but there was nothing casual about her demeanor. It was then that I realized she had followed me up here. Why could she not leave me alone? I was doing no harm to her. I had pretty much disappeared from the map, leaving the top of the school for her, what she clearly wanted, did I not?

'What do you want from me?' I questioned angrily, voicing my thoughts.

'What do I want from you?' she echoed, taking a step forward and closing the door behind her at the same time. I felt fear creep up through me. There was a terrible vibe coming off from her, and the alcohol she had taken was clearly impairing her vision and judgement. 'Let's see...you gone, for starters,' she snapped viciously. 'I thought people that tried to kill themselves and were not successful tried again. At least I read something like that not so long ago.'