Chapter 39

Dane POV (surprise bitches)

               It's been three days since we took Torrance. She's been tied to a chair with a bag over her head for most of it, taking the beatings. I finally decided to go through her bag.

               Pulling out a set of clothes and a pair of Converse, I dig further. Inside is a wallet. Opening it, it has her school ID and a credit card with at least $50. My hand hits something at the bottom and I frown in confusion. Pulling it out, I freeze when I see the plastic white stick.

                   Quickly grabbing my phone, I dial Dunham's number. "We might have a problem."

Gray POV

                     No one will talk to me unless they have to. Not even Carmen or mom. Ever since Torri left. 

                      Everyday I wake up, expecting to see her gorgeous face, cute button nose, and stormy grey eyes. Expecting to be able to run my hand through her brown curls that look even softer after washing the dye out. My hand sliding down her side and to her thigh, teasing her as we sit on the couch or in the library. Sitting in my office, meeting with people and having her on my lap to calm me. 

                         Everything comes back to me. How she would get so lost in a book that her eyes would light up or every time we went outside, she would lift her head and spread her arms like a bird. Because that's exactly what she was. A free bird. Before I took her.

                          Tears stream down my face as I take another gulp of the whiskey. Throwing the bottle at the wall as the look in her calming grey eyes comes back to me on the day I let her be taken. Letting out a murderous roar, I flip over the bedside table. Moving to the closet, I see her black tank top.

                           Smiling to myself, I pull out the shirt from the drawer. It has a picture of me staring at the camera with an emotionless face, my shirt off. Right above it, it says 'Try Me' in white block letters. I remember the day she showed me that. Mom wanted her to take a scary picture of me and give it to her and came back later with that. Apparently, it was a present for dealing with all of my 'bullshit'. I have no idea what bullshit she was talking about.

                            Sliding down the wall, I press the material to my face, crying into it.

Torri POV

                       I blink when the black hood is torn off my head. The bright light blinds me before my eyes adjust. Dunham stands in front of me with the same emotionless glare on his face that he had when I first met him. He holds up the three white tests and I stare at them, willing the tears not to fall.

                        "You're pregnant." He states. My eyes blur with tears and one escapes from the corner of my eye.  

                        A choked sob comes out of my mouth. If only I could move my hands, my baby would be safe. "Please. Just let me go."

                         "I can't." His jaw ticks, like he wants to say something. 

                           "Please. Gray doesn't need to know. About me or the baby. I just want to let my baby live." I shake my head, crying more.

                          "I can't. Boss' orders." He swallows harshly. The door swings open, revealing a tall man with blonde hair. He looks familiar as I gaze into his cool blue eyes. They look evil.

                          "You look just like your mother." He says softly.

                          "Who are you?" I cry as he comes closer.

                          "I loved your mother. I still do." He smiles sickeningly. "I'm Ethan."

             Hey guys,

I know some of you are confused but Ethan was in the first book. In the next chapter, I'll tell the story a little about who he is. You can read the first book if you want to get a clearer understanding. I know it's not that good but it's because it was one of the first books I wrote on Wattpad.

Comment 

Vote

Eat chocolate

Do your thing

Sergeant Skittles XOXO