Chapter 8

Torrance POV (from beginning of attack. Torrance's dad in media box |Mars| )
Running down the hall, I try to think of the fastest way back to the room.
I cover my mouth with my hand as I see a tall man at the end of the hall shoot a little boy. Wanting to scream, I quickly duck into a random room.
A bed sits against the wall and i quickly climb under it. Pounding footsteps come closer, making me clench my jaw to stop my breathing.
A pair of black Timberlands come into view and move around the room. When they leave, I let out a breath... until I'm pulled out from under the bed.
I let a short scream out before they cover my mouth. "Youre a pretty little thing. Let's have some fun."
He tears off my shirt as tears flow and i struggle against him. Elbowing him in the stomach, I crawl away and start running down the hall.
A hand grabs my ankle and pulls me down, ripping my shorts. I kick the hand away and my barefoot meets a squishy face. Running again, I dodge the scary men with guns.
Turning down another hall, the corner of a table hits my stomach and i bite my lip to hold my screams.
Yelling and gunshots ahead of me make me stop and hide in a corner. I see Dorothy looking around with wide eyes as she's herded into a room with other woman and children.
She looks at me and panic enters her face. I shake my head and put a finger to my lips. She nods discreetly and hurries into the room.
I reach the room I played the piano in and see a familiar face. "Jona."
He turns around at his name, taking in my half-naked state. "Torrance, it's not safe. You need-"
I scream loudly as a man holds up a gun when he walks into the room. He shoots Jona in the leg, making him fall and blood splatter all over me.
He smirks and runs off as I drop to my knees. "Go. It's not safe. Gray will kill me if you die."
I shake my head and my hands rip his shirt and tie it around his leg as he clutches his thigh.
"Go." He pleads, grabbing my bloody hand. I look at him, my bottom lip wobbling before I nod and stand.
I see a small body in the corner of the hall and stop. "Carmen."
She crawls out and runs to me, her baby blue dress stained with blood. "Come on."
Grabbing her hand, I pull her to the bedroom. A silver gun lays on the floor by a dead body and i cover Carmen's eyes as I grab it, swallowing my nausea.
"Carmen, you need to get in here. Someone will find you but don't come out." I grit my teeth as I push the dresser away.
She wraps her arms around my waist before climbing in and i shut the door, pushing the dresser back in place.
I hear footsteps and move to the side of the bed. The door is thrown open and two men come inside, both holding guns.
I don't take the time to worry about why they're here because I know they're the bad guys. I shoot, tears blurring my vision but i know I hit both my targets as they slump to the ground.
My hands shake and i sob quietly. "Torrance."
I jump in surprise, the gun jerking up to aim. The piece of metal shakes in my hands.
"Torrance, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. Give me the gun." I see Gray coming towards me with no gun. His warm ghands take it from me and I breakdown sobbing against him
A warm shirt covers me and that's when I realize I'm half naked and covered in blood. Like Carmen.
"Carmen." I push away and move the dresser, letting the little girl out.
She hugs me, her arms around my neck and legs around my waist. "Torr."
"Shhh. It's okay." I murmur, rubbing her back to calm her. "Gray's here."
She moves back and sees the man before jumping out of my arms and running to him.
"Where's Mommy?"
"Mom's okay. South has her." He combs through her hair as he leans down to hug her. "We have everything under control. We're safe."
Carmen runs to the door as Dorothy appears. I look down and see the blood. My knees start to shake and i don't feel the best.
Gray sees and catches me as I collapse. "Hang on, Torri."
He sweeps me up and into his arms and i don't register the nickname he gave me as my half-lidded eyes threaten to close.
He carries me quickly down the stairs and I feel myself going as I take in all the blood, dead, and wounded.