Chapter 44

Gray POV

                   I feel like an ass. I just found out she was pregnant with my child and I acted like a douche. But in my defense, after seeing her when she was supposed to be dead and then finding out about my child was little shocking.

                     I want to see her but I don't have the courage to face her. So immerse myself in paperwork and killing people. My job. 

                    Right now, I'm in the small library that she loved going into. Carmen sits across the room, her legs crossed as she sits on the floor with a large book in her lap. She really does love to read. Since Torri left, she's been practicing the piano. She thinks that if she becomes better that Torri will come back. I don't have the heart to break it to her that she really isn't. 

                    Kyle, however, had been keeping me updated. He knew that I was having a hard time especially since I just found out she's pregnant.

                    He sent me ultrasound pictures and pictures of her shopping for the baby and herself. He got me a picture of her with her shirt right under her bra and her stomach showing. It's gotten bigger. She's almost three and a half months along. 

                    Grinning to myself, I look at the ultrasound picture again. My baby. 

                     Standing up, I know what I need to do. It's time to win her and my baby back.