Chapter 37

Gray POV

               I catch her just before her head hits the floor. Sweeping her small body into my arms, I carry her to our bed. Laying her in the middle, I let my fingers brush her cheek lightly.

               "She'll be fine." I turn to my mother. She looks around me with anxiety written across her face. "Mom, she'll be okay. I'll take care of her."

               Her head whips towards me and she stares me down with her green eyes. "I'm not sure if that's a good idea."

                 I sigh and sit on the edge of the bed, my hand falling on Torri's thigh. "I messed up. I know I did. But I can't let her get hurt."

                 "Don't you see it?" She questions. "She's already hurting. Because of you. When your father was the man that I had fallen in love with, he was the most amazing man I had ever met. The days that he left me during hard times in our relationship before we got married were hard. Especially since I was only a month or two pregnant with you and he had no idea. I couldn't tell him when we weren't together and I felt like I ruined everything."

                   "Soooo," I drawl. "You're saying she's pregnant?"

                   "No, dipshit. I'm saying, fix it because she feels like she ruined everything." She rolls her eyes, face palming herself.

                   "Ohhhh. I'll fix it." Looking down, I see the small beautiful face that belongs to Torri. "I'll fix it. I'll make everything better."

                    I hear the door open and close before I'm left alone with a sleeping Torri. I'll make everything okay again. While keeping her safe. 

Torri POV

                I groan as I feel something stabbing me in the forehead. Raising my hand, my fingers grap the Post-it note stuck to my forehead.

               I knew you wouldn't find it so I put it somewhere you couldn't miss. I'm so sorry, my little spitfire. You have no idea how hard it was for me to see you the other night, being taken care of by my mother because you felt like you did something wrong. Like you couldn't trust me. And you shouldn't. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to be by your side very second. When you read this, come to my office. 

                 Gray

                   I smile a little, rereading the note. I hadn't seen Gray at all yesterday when I was getting my cast off. That's right, I'm officially cast free. I had talked with Conner and he said that with the progress I was making while I had the cast, that I would almost be able to walk without any trouble after a few sessions of physical therapy.

                  Finally climbing out of the bed, I run my fingers through my hair and grab hold of the soft throw blanket. I shiver in the cool morning air.

                  Wrapping the blanket around my shoulders, I move outside of the door. It's too early for everyone to be awake as my feet patter down the hall. Opening the door to his office, I hear voices arguing.

                   Glancing inside, at the very least, around 15 men stand in the large room. I move past them with a yawn, still tired. Gray looks up from the three men that stand in front of his desk who I presume were arguing with him. 

                    He smiles and opens his arms. I duck my head inside the blanket, hurrying over to the warmth of his arms. Climbing into his lap, I nuzzle his neck, trying to warm my nose. 

                    He chuckles and tightens his hold on me. "How's your leg?"

                   I make a whining noise in the back of my throat and pout at him. He shakes his head, a small smile on his face as he reaches for his desk drawer. Pulling out a bottle of chocolate milk, he hands it to me. I grin at him and kiss the bottom of his jaw. Turning his chair back to his desk, his hand lays on my thigh.

                    "Who's she?" One of the men on the outside of the room asks with hungry eyes. I shift closer to Gray, making him stiffen.

                    "Don't worry about it. She's fine." He growls, holding me closer to him. Which I don't mind. I just smile to myself and snuggle further into his broad chest. 

                     "Got it." I can hear him gulp all the way from the other side of the room. My chocolate milk sits on the desk, my hand curled in Gray's shirt. My breathing slowly begins to even out but stops when I sit up suddenly.

                    "What's wrong, Torri?" Gray looks at me with worry.

                   "Um..." I blush and lean up, cupping my mouth to his ear. Speaking quietly, realization slowly spreads across his face. 

                     "Uh, yeah. I'll, uh, call one of the girls to come up." He stammers. I giggle at his reaction.

                    He glares playfully at me. I only shake my head, sticking my tongue out at him. He growls in the back of his throat and I jump out of his arms, leaving the blanket in his lap.

                  Just as I turn on my foot to leave, arms wrap around my waist from behind. I squeal but laugh as he turns me around, pressing a quick kiss to my lips. 

                   I freeze and hold my stomach. Oh no. Rushing to the desk, Gray grabs the small plastic trash bucket and brings it to my head. I spew my guts inside as he holds my hair back with one hand.

                    "Maybe you should go see Conner." 

                   "NO!!!" Dorothy rushes into the room. She takes one look at me before she's in mother mode. Taking the bucket from Gray, she grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room. 

                    As soon as we get to Gray's room, she closes the door. "Did you get it?"

                    She nods and opens her purse, pulling out three boxes and a large water bottle.

                    Pouring half the bottle down my throat, I rush to the bathroom with the boxes.