Chapter 40

Torri POV

                I frown at him. Who the hell is this guy?

               "Your mother and I were neighbors before she met that asshole that's your father." He sneers. I fist my hands, knowing full well that even if I did get out of the ropes, the men surrounding the room would take me down immediately. "I fell in love with her. And she fell in love with me. She was my whole world."

                 He smiles lovingly as he zones out. I distinctly remember the name Ethan but I have no idea from where.

                 "Then Jupiter came in."

                 "Mars. My father's name is Mars." I growl. 

                "Whatever. I protected her from the boys at the school. They would hit her, yell at her, but she was all mine. It was to make her stronger. And it worked. You should've seen when I took her." He whistles lowly. "She was a feisty little thing. Always sarcastic and angry. You act just like but more... emotional."

                   "That's because I'm pregnant, dickhead." I sneer. He raises an eyebrow. 

                   "So it seems. Anyways, I took your mom and locked her in the freezer at your school when she tried to escape. I'm assuming you've heard this story before." I nod at him, recognizing why he was so familiar. "Your father 'saved' her. Then he got her pregnant and married her. She was never his. She was always mine and she still is."

                   This dick is crazy.

                   "I've been watching your family for years now. I watched how you were taken by that gang leader, White." I roll my eyes at him. He's really bad with names.

                  "His name is Gray." I tell him, feeling my heart grow heavier at the mention of his name.

                 "I watched how your mom broke down when she found out." He ignores my comment. "I watched how you protected his little sister in the woods during the storm, sacrificing the chance to walk. You are so much like your mother."

                    I swallow, feeling the nausea. "Unless you want me to puke all over you, I suggest you get me a bucket."

                    Just as I finish my sentence, a bucket is brought up to my head and my hair is pulled back as the bile slips from my mouth. I hear a few of the bulky men around the room gag. Pansies.

                   Coughing at the end, I breathe deeply. "Why the hell do they call it morning sickness when I'm sick all the time?"

                    Dunham shrugs as he pulls the bucket away, answering the question I asked myself out loud.

                        "You done yet?" I nod at Ethan as Dane wipes away the puke on my mouth and helps me swish mouthwash around my mouth before I spit it into the bucket. Smiling gratefully at him, he looks at me solemnly. 

                        "Why did you take me?" I ask the question I've been wanting answers to since I got here.

                       "To tell you to watch your back. And your mother. I will have her back in my arms soon enough. Now," He suddenly grins before stepping to the side. "I believe you know my son."

                       I gasp, my eyes widening. Davis.