Chapter 38

Torri POV

                 I stare at all three sticks. They all have a little pink plus sign. Standing from the toilet, I look in the mirror, placing a hand to my stomach.

               There is a little baby in my stomach. 

                I smile, tears of joy rushing down my cheeks before they turn to sobs of fear. What am I going to tell Gray?

               "Torr?" Dorothy knocks lightly on the door. I open it and fall into her open arms, crying my heart out as my head lays where hers beats. "Were they..."

                 "All of them." I cry.

                  "Shhh. Don't cry. We'll figure it out. But first you need to tell Gray."

                  I freeze at the thought. Shaking my head, I quickly pull away and go to the closet. Grabbing a loose shoulder bag, I tear my basketball shorts off and replace them with a pair of cutoffs, pulling an oversized thin tan shirt over my head. 

                   Shoving clothes in the bag, I grab the small wallet I was allowed and the three tests from the bathroom. Slinging the bag over my shoulder, I pull on a pair of Keds. Throwing my hair in a ponytail on the top of my head, I jog down the hall.

                    Just as I get to the stairwell, I realize that Gray's meeting was let out and he was standing at the top of the stairs along with six men, the rest downstairs.

                    "Torri?" He asks, looking up. My tears well up again as I bite my lip. He's the father of my child. "What's wrong, Love?"

                    No. He can't call me that. He doesn't love me. And he definitely won't after he finds out.

                     "TORRANCE!!!" I hear Dorothy yell. Turning, I see her running down the hall. Turning back, I dodge the men and rush down the stairs, holding onto the rail as I clutch the bag in my hand tightly. "DON'T MAKE ME TELL HIM!!"

                      I freeze as soon as my feet hit the tiled floor. Spinning around, I see her standing there with a fierce yet solemn look on her face. "You wouldn't do that. Not to me." 

                      "If I have to, I will." 

                      "What are you guys talking about? What won't you tell me?" I look at Gray, seeing his handsome face with a look of confusion.

                      Before any one else can say anything, someone grabs me from behind. I let out a muffled scream as a hand wraps around my mouth and an arm around my waist. Tears come from my eyes as Gray holds Dorothy back and watches with an emotionless face. My eyes meet his and I know he betrayed me. 

                     I kick my feet when the person, most likely a man, picks me up from behind. Biting the the hand on my mouth, I scream when someone punches my stomach. My baby.

                     "NO!!!" I hear Dorothy yell. "DON'T HIT HER STOMACH!!!"

                    I scream in panic when a black bag is pulled over my head. My body is picked up from both ends as I scream and cry, trying to fight. But it doesn't work.

Gray POV

                  I watch as Dame carries her out with Dunham. My mother still fights to get out of my arms.                       "Let me go." Her tone is defeated and sad. I do as she says, noticing a crystalline tear dripping down her cheek. "How could you let them take her?"                    

               "I had to." I whisper, noticing how Peter and his men stare at me. "The deal was to take her and get it back before marrying Leah."

                 "That was low. Even for you." He shakes his head at me before whistling. His men file out the front door                      

                 "Don't you understand?" Mom asks. "She loves you."

                 Mom walks away, her fiery red hair swishing as she does. She loves me. 

                 How can she love me? She doesn't love me. And she definitely won't after this. 

Torri POV

                 My stomach is bound my tight ropes and all I can think about is the tiny life growing inside me. My little Jellybean.