Chapter 27

Torrance POV

I freeze when he says grandfather. Is this the grandfather from the dad's side or Dorothy?

"Tell me, boy. Who is she?" Gray doesn't answer, so I do.

"Torrance, sir." He looks up at me, observing me with cold blue eyes that are even harsher than Gray's.

"I advise you to not bring your whores to breakfast next time." He says to Gray. Gray grabs my wrist when I begin to shake in anger.

"I am not a whore." I growl. "I'm a virgin thank you very much."

He looks at me with raised eyebrows. "I doubt that."

Gray quickly stands and wraps his arms around my waist as I lunge forward. I struggle to get out of his arms until he leans down and licks my ear, making me freeze and look back at him with a glare.

He shrugs before tightening his hold on me, my body off the ground.

"I like this one." I turn to his grandfather as he grins. "Sit down, little virgin."

I scowl at him as Gray continues to hold me and sits down with me in his lap. Leaning back in exhaustion, Gray kisses the side of my head, motioning to Matty's cousin, Payton.

He whispers something to him that I can't hear before Payton walks away. He just shakes his head when I look at him.

"What is your relationship with my grandson?" I freeze and feel Gray tense under me.

"Umm..." I'm glad for the interruption that Carmen brings when she hands over my crutches.

"Hello, little one." I grab Carmen and pull her closer, pulling her onto my lap as the grandfather greets her. I can tell she's never met him before as a genuine curiosity and small amount of fear enter her eyes.

"Hi." She says. grabbing a strawberry from Gray's plate and putting it in her mouth.

I laugh at her and put her on her feet. "Let's go find the other kids and watch a movie or something."

She nods her head wildly and I smile and stand with my crutches. Glancing back at Gray, I see a smile on his face before he catches the empty look in my eyes. I still haven't forgotten about last night.

I squeal when I'm attacked by little kids hugging my legs and waist in the middle of the room. Shaking them off of me, I fall to the floor when Carmen jumps up and hugs me. I laugh, holding my stomach as I curl up in a ball on the floor.

Carmen and Lucy help me stand as they hold hands. It's adorable how little girls love their best friends like sisters.

I leave the crutches and hold onto them as I limp. Stupid shortness. They're almost as tall as me.

I smile when we get to the larger music room that includes a whole shit load of instruments including a piano. "Play for us."

My smile grows as I look at innocent little Lucy. "I can play the piano. I've been practicing but I only know one song."

I nod at Carmen and she shows me the song. Sitting on a stool in the middle of the room, I grab a guitar from the side and sit.

My fingers move, picking at the strings as I start the first part of Colbie Caillat's When the Darkness Comes.