Chapter 26

Torrance POV

            A bright light shining straight in my eyes makes me shift. That's when I notice that I'm covered with something soft. Groaning as I stretch my arms, I open my eyes to be met with a familiar room. Gray's room.

           Sitting up, I notice my crutches aren't in here. I wonder how I got here. Slipping out from under the covers, I hold on to the bed as I limp across the room. It's actually not that bad walking on it but it does irritate me a little. Opening the door, I frown when I remember the stairs. Sitting on the landing, I scoot down each stair.

            When I reach the bottom and look up, I see at least seven people laughing at me. I blush and stand, limping towards the dining room where breakfast is being served. Everyone turns to look at me when I walk in and I only just now remember that I'm wearing tiny shorts and Gray's sweatshirt.

             I flush even more and smile gratefully when Jona wraps an arm around my waist to help me towards the table I usually sit at with Carmen and Dorothy. Picking at the oatmeal, I slowly take a bite, washing it down with water.

           "How did I get in Gray's room?" I ask after a few minutes of everyone watching me for a reaction.

           "He put you there." I look up at Jona in shock. "He wanted you to be comfortable. He slept in his office. Or at least what was left of it."

           I raise an eyebrow at his muttered sentence and he sighs before motion behind us. I turn my head and see Gray who looks like he barely got any sleep with wrapped hands. I turn back in my seat. 

         My head is down as I look at my lap. Making a quick decision, I stand. Carefully, of course. Gray hasn't noticed me yet as he holds his head in his hands but everyone else at the table does. Swallowing, I place my hand on his shoulder just as the door swings open again. In walks an older man. He's handsome but older... if that made sense.

           He heads straight for this table and Gray stiffens. "Shit. Torri, I need you to go sit with my mom and Carmen. Don't say a word."

             "No." I whisper back. "I've had enough of this, Gray. I will do whatever I damn well please." 

             "Now who is this?" I tense at the deep chilling voice and turn to see the man.

            "No one, Grandfather." Ah, shit.