Chapter 33

Gray POV
Arguing with Nathan about which territories are neutral or not, we're interrupted by the door being flung open.
"Sir!!!" One of the guards rushes in.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I snarl angrily at him. He gulps and pales but continues on.
"It's Ms. Bradley." I straighten when he says my girl's name.
"What about her?" I ask.
"She was pushed. She fell."
"What are you talking about?" I growl.
"Sh-She was pushed down the stairs, Sir." He stutters.
"WHAT?!?!?" I yell, standing to my feet. "WHERE?!?!?"
He waves his hand and I begin following him. My stomach drops when I see the body at the bottom of the stairs, blood surrounding her.
Shoving everyone away, I pick up her head. She's pale, more than usual. The side of her head is covered in blood.
"Come on, babygirl. Come on." I whisper, placing her body in my arms. Feeling her pulse, I notice how slow it is. "SOMEONE GET CONNER!!!"
People rush around as I cradle her tiny body in my arms. The men that I met with look at me solemnly. I shake my head and turn back to my Torri.
"Please, wake up, Torri. Please." I whisper, a small tear dropping from the corner of my eye. Wiping it away, I shake my head again. I will not cry. She'll be okay... right?
Placing her head in my neck, I close my eyes. Until her eyelashes brush against my skin.
Pulling away from her, I see her eyes slowly opening. "TORRI!!!"
She winces when I yell and I quickly shut my mouth. When she looks at my face, she frowns. "My scary little gangleader was crying. Why?"
"I am not little." I growl. By now, the men from the meeting have come closer. "I've proven that outside and inside the bedroom."
Her hand shakily comes up and she flips me off. She groans and turns her head to the side, spitting out blood.
"Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to paint me red?" She growls, her eyes lighting up to a silver color in anger.
"Baby," I say, making her look at me. "That's blood."
"Why can't I go one week without hurting myself?" She asks out loud, rolling her head into my stomach as I hold her head in my lap.
By now, the men are bursting into fits of giggles. She glares weakly at them, making them laugh more.
Conner rushes over with a small bag. I ignore him as he cleans the side of her head. "We need to admit her overnight for further observation."
Seeing Torri's wrinkled nose at her pain, I nod. Carefully picking her up, I see the large amount of the gang standing there with the men from the meeting room in front. Pressing Torri's head into my chest, I stand to my full height.
"WHEN I FIND OUT WHO DID THIS... YOU BETTER FUCKING RUN!!!!" My voice booms as I glare at the group. Most of the men and women look worried for my babygirl, genuinely.
Following Conner down the hall, I gently rub her back, soothing her into a slow sleep.