Chapter 10

Torrance's POV
I wake up to warmth surrounding my hand and look down. A head of messy blonde hair makes me smile a little.
"Gray?"
He sits up and grins brightly, putting me under h is spell. "Torri."
"Torri?" I smile before my eyebrows furrow.
"Uh... How are you feeling?"
"Like I ran into a table." My hand touches my stomach and then I remember. "Oh wait, I did."
He laughs and I take a moment to admire him. His muscled form bending over to hold my hand. His bare chest showing an 8 pack and huge biceps. A tattoo just above his abs reads 'Caos', meaning Chaos in Latin, I think. His blue eyes seem lighter, warmer than their usual ice blue.
"We were just attacked by men with guns and you don't get shot or hit or beaten but you run into a table."
I chuckle but stop and breathe to help the pain. That's when I notice I'm half naked.
"Um... why am I in my bra?"
"What, you want me to take it off?" My eyes focus on his hand that dances up my arm.
"No. I m-mean, not that I don't like you. Well, I don't but at the same time I do but you kidnapped me and you stalked me and that makes me uncomfortable and kinda weird but at the same time, like, happy because someone pa-" I say nervously.
"Youre rambling." I shudder as goosebumps cover my body.
"Are you cold?"
"Mm-hmm." I nod, not looking up.
"Move over." He stands to his full height and his muscles stretch.
He sighs and moves me before climbing into the bed and pulling me closer. I shiver discreetly as his hand plays with my bra and I lean on him.
"Better?"
"Thank you." A sudden thought comes to mind as I go through what happened. "Is Dorothy okay?"
"Yeah, she said she saw you." It sounds like an accusation to me even though he may not mean for it.
"But I couldn't do anything. I swear if I could, I would've done it. But I couldn't." A tear falls and i don't have enough time to wipe it away as it lands on his neck.
"Shhh. It wasn't your fault. None of it was." He soothes me and I breathe out, pressing closer to him.
A beeping comes from his pocket and he pulls out his phone. I see a FaceTime before he sits up a little more.
"Put this on." Handing me a folded hospital gown from the stand beside the bed, I shove my arms through the holes quickly. "Stay quiet unless I tell you too."
I flinch at the harshness in his voice as he goes gangleader and i feel tears well up as he answers.
Fiddling with my hands in my lap, I don't look up. "What?"
I flinch slightly once again, trying to gain some space from Gray as he growls out the word.
"Why the fuck is she in the hospital?" I look up with wide eyes as I hear the familiar voice.
"Brandy!!"
"Dammit, Torr. I told you to stop calling me that." My brother grumbles.
I stick my tongue out childishly, hearing a dark chuckle next to me and I shrink closer to the side, dropping my gaze.
"What the fuck did you do to her?" My brother roars.
"I didn't do shit so unless you want her dead, I suggest you stop accusing me." I freeze and tense as he inadvertently threatens me.
"Don't touch her." My brother pleads, strain evident in his voice as he begs.
"You have 57 days." Gray hangs up and I feel a tear slide down my cheek.
It's akwardly silent before his hand touches my bra clip again. I tense.
"Don't. Please." I whisper, ignoring the pain as I wrap my arms around my chest and pull my knees up, cowering.
"What's wrong?" I sniff through my tears and shake my head.
"I- I..." Stuttering, I try to get my words out. "I need Dorothy."
He watches me for a second before grabbing his phone and texting. I stay quiet until the doors open and the curtains shift.
The small woman walks in with her daughter and gives a pointed look to the man beside me. He sighs and leaves.
Carmen crawls up beside me as tears stream down my face. She hugs me with her small arms as I sob.
Dorothy comes over and wraps be in her arms, running her hands through my snarled hair soothingly.
"Shhh."
Wailing, I ignore the pain in my stomach and the beeping of the heart monitor.
"I don't want to die." I cry out.
"Oh, Honey." She pulls back, her slender hands cupping my face. "If it comes to that, you run. You fight as hard as you can."
"My dad... he always said that Hope can be lost just as easily as trust." I smile slightly as I think of him.
"And he was right. Just keep fighting." She holds me closer as a new wave of tears is unleashed.
I wish this were my mom. I need her, without a doubt.