Chapter 16

Torrance POV
I can feel his eyes on me as I dance with my friends and cousins. When the song ends, Alexa and Bri shove me towards the bar before Alexa climbs over the counter and holds up a pair of shining gold glittery high tops. My signature pair of shoes besides Converse.
Quickly switching the heels for them, I walk like a boss towards the DJ, Axel, a good friend of my dad's. I shake my head when he widens his eyes and he listens.
Whispering the song choice I want, I climb up the set of stairs to the stage. Watching everyone turn to me, my eyes meet Gray's before they turn away.
Positioning myself in the middle of the stage, I hold the microphone in my hand. Closing my eyes, I wait for the music to start.
'Maybe I'm wrong, you decide
Should've been strong, yeah I lied
Nobody gets me like...you' Opening my eyes, I observe the club.

'Couldn't keep hold of you then
How could I know what you meant?
There was nothing to compare to

There's a mountain between us
But there's one thing I'm sure of
That I know how I feel about you' Jumping from the stage to a nearby table, I hear people clapping and whistling as I sing.

'Can we bring yesterday back around?
Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now' Jumping down from the table, Davis, Alexa's boyfriend, grins at me. Sliding off my leather jacket I throw it to the side and start spinning.

All that it takes, one more chance
Don't let our next kiss be our last
I'm out of my mind, just to show you

I know everything changes
I don't care where it takes us
Cause I know how I feel about you

Can we bring yesterday back around?
Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now'
Walking away from Davis, I walk towards the table that holds Gray, throwing an arm around South's shoulder as I lean down.
'Not a day, pass me by
Not a day, pass me by
When I don't think about you' Moving over, I pull Gray to his feet and have him spin me before he pulls me into a dip, my eyes meeting his as I sing.
And there's no moving on
Cause I know you're the one
And I can't be without you'
Rushing over, I jump back on the stage, singing my heart out.
'Can we bring yesterday back around?
Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down
Can we bring yesterday back around?
Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now
Yeah I know how I feel about you now' Only cheers can be heard as my chest heaves. I see Gray staring at me, still standing from where I left him, with heated eyes.
And that's when I notice the undeniable attraction between me and Gray. Looking down, I squeal when Davis throws me over his shoulder and spins us around.
Slapping his back, I laigh and he puts me down.
As soon as the song ends, another one starts. Three Days Grace's Riot.
Slowly moving my hips from side to side, I stiffen slightly when someone wraps their arms around my stomach. That is until I smell the familiar scent of Davis.
Alexa knows that he would never try anything on me and she also knows I don't like him like that. I laugh when he pokes my stomach, making me fall back into him.
He holds me up by the waist, moving his hips jokingly against mine. Well, before Gray comes over and rips me away from him and into his chest.
The music stops and every one turns to stare at us. "GRAY!!!"
It's not me who yells but Leah. And here comes a jealous bitch.
With my small frame huddled to his torso, I struggle to get out of his hold, only stopping when he roughly grabs my neck from behind and my wrist.
My eyes widen with pain as tears spring to my eyes. "Torr."
I freeze when the familiar voice of my Aunt Kase enters my head. "Kase."
Struggling in his grip again, tears slide down my face as I see my Aunt and Uncle Jameson in shock in the middle of the club.
Starting to scream and cry out, Gray hurriedly throws me over his shoulder and rushes oout of the club. I sob as a wobbly image of my friends and family stare, my hand stretched out like I'm reaching for them as Gray runs me farther away.
I sit on Gray's lap in the car, not even fighting him as tears stream down my cheeks. As soon as the vehicle stops at the house, I throw myself out of the car and rush to the structure.
Throwing open the front door, I stomp to the stairs. Why did he have to take me away?
Before I can get to the first step, small arms wrap around my waist and I look down to see Carmen. Tears flood my eyes as I drop down to grab her in my arms.
I haven't seen her since the day of the attack. She's like my rock here.
Standing with her in my arms, a traitorous tear slides down my cheek. Feeling drops land on my shoulder, I know she's crying too.
"Ranny." She cries into my shoulder.
"Its okay, Carm. I'm right here." I whisper. She sobs and I tighten my hold on her.
Someone tugs her out of my arms and backhands her. Leah. She screams as she lands on the floor and I pounce on the gangleader's fiance.
Punching her, she falls to the ground, knocked out. "Control your fiance before I kill her."
Gray looks at me with wide eyes as I hurry out of the house, following his little sister.