Chapter 57

~Vincent's POV~

I pushed open the door to the hospital room, glancing around cautiously. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

I walked over to the bed, looking down at a still-unconscious (Y/N). I couldn't help but smile. She was still okay.

I was about to sit down when the door opened again. My gaze automatically fell on the doorway.

Scott, Fritz, and Jeremy were standing in the doorway now. I guess we'd all had the same idea of checking on (Y/N).

They saw me and everything was still for a moment, all of them studying me and me studying them.

Scott barely knocked the door shut with one hand, swallowing hard. He seemed more nervous than usual, in all honesty. Then again, he was standing in the presence of someone who'd just murdered his friend.

"Vincent, I-" Fritz started, but I immediately cut him off.

"I get it, okay!? I'm sorry! I lost it back there! Went nuts!" I yelped. "But please don't blame me... God, I was just in a very bad situation for the past few days and I was so stressed and I kinda just took it out on a couple of people..."

The three exchanged glances, but then Jeremy took a step closer.

"It's okay, Vincent..." He mumbled. "We understand."

The weak smile on his face told me otherwise. So did the disapproving expressions on Fritz and Scott's faces.

"Pl-Please... Just don't tell (Y/N)... That's all I ask! You can hate me for the rest of my life and attempt to kill me like everyone else. Just please don't take (Y/N) away from me! I-I don't know what she'd think if she knew I killed him.."

"It's okay, Vince." Fritz mumbled. "We won't tell her." He shot me a look of sympathy, which I just replied to with a nod. I glanced at Scott.

The man still looked scared and disapproving, eyeing me, terrified and wide-eyed.

I took a few steps toward him.

"Scott-"

"You killed them! Those kids!" He cried, voice cracking, and backing away. "It was you, wasn't it!? That's why that darn fox said that that night!" I stiffened.

He'd figured it out.

"Oh, Scott, c'mon, man... I-"

I looked at Fritz and Jeremy. They were both staring at me wide-eyed.

I sucked in a deep breath and sighed before looking at Scott, who'd now backed up against the wall, staring at me in horror.

"Mike was right! He kept saying you were a killer after that incident! I bet that's why you killed him, you monster!" Scott growled.

"No, no. Scott, listen! You got it all wrong!"

"Then tell us, Vincent," he growled, smiling like crazy person, "What really happened!?"

I swallowed hard, then answered.

"Y-Yes.. I killed them.... I screwed up... He talked me into it. He told me all these things... I believed them. I went along with it..." I said quietly, then looked around, letting my gaze rake over Jere and Fritz.

"I-I guess you're kinda right, Scott... I am a monster..." I whispered, tears swelling in my eyes.

"Ya think!? Now get out!" He snapped. "I refuse to deal with you anymore, you traitor."

I opened my eyes and looked at him, then stood still a moment.

I glanced at (Y/N).

No.

I wasn't going to leave her.

I whipped around and threw a fist at Scott, hitting him right in the nose and sending him backwards. Scott fell back against the wall, the wall being the only thing to catch his fall backwards. He grunted in pain and held a hand up to his nose as blood began to drip from it.

I grabbed him by his shirt collar and pulled him back, then quickly slammed him against the wall. He howled in pain. His eyes got as wide as quarters.

"G-Gah! Vincent! My ankle!" He cried. He was now on the verge of tears. I blinked and looked down at his feet.

One of his ankles was severely swelled. He must've sprained it badly back at the manor.

And when I'd forced him against the wall, it had twisted around, and had pressed hard against the wall.

I gasped and let go.

He shoved me away and fixed his ankle back in place, gritting his teeth as he did so.

"Oh gosh," I murmured, backing away. "I'm so sorry-"

"Ahh... It's okay, V-Vince..." He said quietly, gritting his teeth. "It's my fault. I provoked you."

He looked up at me and chuckled, managing a weak smile.

"I-I guess we both loose it sometimes."