Chapter 48

(Now here's where stuff gets interesting)

~Vincent's POV~

My heart pounded against my chest as he dragged me. I knew he was taking me out of this place. I knew I might never see any of my friends again, and that scared me.

I tried to pull away from him, I really did. But my fear clearly made me powerless against him.

I took a moment and tried to calm myself down. My breath was steady until I caught sight of the pistol in his hand again. Then I panicked again.

But then, I felt someone or something jerk me away from him. He turned.

I looked up and came face to face with (Y/N). I just flashed a nervous smile. She reached and quickly untied my gag, then threw it down on the ground.

"Oh, no! Not this again!" The man growled. (Y/N) gasped and grabbed me by my wrist. She took off running, dragging me behind her. I struggled to keep up with her.

"You okay, Vin?" She asked, not slowing her pace.

"Y-Yeah." I stuttered. She glanced at me and smiled.

She dragged me around a corner and down that hallway. I thought I recognized the hallway. Then I gasped.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), we can't go this way! There's a dead end!!" I hissed.

She skidded to a stop for a second. I could hear his feet pounding against the floor in the distance.

"He's too close. There's nowhere else to go. He'll catch us if we turn around." She breathed, then pulled me down the hallway and around the corner, where we met with the dead end.

She pulled me into the corner and sat down on the ground. I sat down next to her and hugged her tight.

"I th-thought I'd never see you again." I whispered, smiling weakly.

She just smiled and hugged me back. She accidentally touched my side where it's been sore and I let out a sharp yelp of pain.

She tilted her head, then grabbed the bottom of my shirt. I stiffened for a second, but then let myself relax. She pulled it up a bit, revealing most of my side. I looked down and saw a gash on my side. I winced, as it looked serious.

She looked up at me and we locked eyes for a moment, but then she looked away and pulled my shirt back down.

She sighed and took my hands, then untied the material tying them together. She did the same with my feet. I looked down at my hands, shivering as I remembered when the girl had gagged me and tied me up.

I opened my mouth to speak, but then I heard a laugh. Both (Y/N) and I's heads snapped toward the sound.

There, right in front of us, he stood, gun aimed at me and a finger over the trigger.

My eyes widened as he growled, "That's it! I've had it with you! Goodbye, Vincent!"

I shook my head and backed up against the wall.

"No!" (Y/N) screeched, then jumped in front of me just as he pulled the trigger.