Chapter 23

~Your POV~

You decided it'd probably be best to just take Vincent back home. Besides, Ali had a pretty nasty cut, and even though it didn't look exactly too serious, it was probably best to treat it anyways.

The car ride was mostly silent, Vincent just staring out the window and sighing occasionally and Ali just staring down at her feet with a grim expression on her face.

You sighed as you gripped the steering wheel and wondered aloud, "Seriously, guys, what went on in there?"

The two remained silent, until Vincent finally choked out, "H-He's back..."

"Who?"

"You remember when you found me and that guy fighting in that alley?"

A small memory flickered in the back of your mind.

~Flashback~

In front of you was a man with a knife held to Vincent's neck, and beside him was Ali, lying limp on the ground.

You slowly looked up, your eyes locking onto Vincent, who struggled beneath the man. But then you swiftly ran back around the corner and pressed up against the wall. You glanced over, trying to see what was happening.

"Idiot, I helped you, and this is how you repay me!?" Vincent snarled, still struggling to get away from him.

~Back to reality~

"Impossible..." You muttered under your breath, but he just shook his head.

"I-I stabbed him, but I didn't drive it deep enough to kill him; just deep enough to barely hurt him. I-I just couldn't bring myself to do it..." He whispered.

"And we wouldn't be in this mess if you'd just let me finish him off that day," Ali remarked coldly, earning a glare from Vincent.

You sighed as you pulled into your driveway.

This was going to be a long summer.

***

Present day comes into view
The nightmares are nothing new
But as killers cheat in their victim's games,
They think they're puppeteers and life's a play.