Chapter 10

~Vincent's POV~

The next day, I woke up before (Y/N) and went out for a walk. I walked out to the cliff that overlooked the town that'd I'd taken (Y/N) to a few days ago. I trudged through the forest, taking the long way to reach it.

I looked out over the town, breathing in the fresh summer air.

I stayed there for a while, but eventually I decided it was time to go if I wanted to get back before (Y/N) woke up.

I turned around and walked back toward the forest, looking down at my feet. But then I looked up at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Hello, Vincent~"

I looked up, only to come face-to-face with a person I never thought I'd see again.

Alison.

"Ali." I hissed coldly. "What are you doing here? I thought you left." I reached for my knife.

"Woah, woah, woah, pretty boy. Don't pretend I don't know you're reaching for that knife." She growled, smirking and leaning up against a tree.

"What are you doing here?" I repeated through gritted teeth. She chuckled.

"Thought I'd stop by, see some old friends, ya know?"

"Since when do you have friends?"

She raised her fist at my remark, causing me to flinch. She noticed and stifled a laugh.

"Okay, you're obviously lying about the friends thing." I muttered.

"Me? A liar? I would never!"

"Okay, drop the act, sweetie." I snarled.

"Okay, fine, whatever." She growled. "Ya got me."

"So why are you really here?"

"That's none of your concern." She growled, suddenly sounding way more defensive.

"That's all of my concern. Lay your hands on me or my friends, and I'll-"

"Hold your horses, pretty boy." She said, smirking and putting a finger to my lips to quiet me. "If I was going to try something like that again, don't you think I would've did it already? Heck, I could've already gotten rid of you by now." She really did have a point.

Suddenly I snapped out of it and wondered how she'd even found this place.

"Wait a minute, have you been following me?!"

"Maybe~" She purred.

I groaned. This girl honestly got on my nerves... A lot.

"Listen, Ali, I really gotta go. (Y/N)-"

"Fine, fine." She growled before I could finish my sentence. "But, uh, let the fact that I'm back in town be our little secret, okay?"

It was clear I didn't really have a choice, and I really didn't want to end up in the hospital or in court again, so I just nodded.

She grinned and shoved me, causing me to nearly trip and fall. I scowled and shot a glare at her.

"What!?~" She said, trying to sound innocent.

I rolled my eyes and just kept walking.

***

(so yay ali, the character you all know and ha- I mean love, is back in this book, thanks to me, your fellow author. y'all can thank me later!

p.s. I'm not saying wether she'll be helpful or just a real pain in the butt in this story ;) )