Chapter 21

~Vincent's POV~

We eventually left the pizzeria after exploring it for a while. We were walking out when I stuck my hand into my pocket and realized my knife was gone.

"Ugh, I must've left my knife in there..." I muttered. "Guys, I'll be right back!"

"Okay, we'll be waiting out here."

I pushed open what remained of the doorway and began to search the building. Eventually I realized the last place I hadn't checked was the office, so I ran up there, and then stopped dead in my tracks as I peered into the old office where I'd once worked.

There stood him, his back turned to me. He snickered, spinning a knife in his hand. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was mine.

"Looking for this, kid?" He said, holding it up.

"Here, take it. It's not like you have the guts to stab me anyways." He growled, chuckling, and then dropped it and kicked it over to me. I bent over and grabbed it, gripping it tightly.

"Wh-What do you want...!?" I hissed, taking a step back.

He turned, a sly grin stuck on his face. He stepped toward me, but I stepped back a step again. Each step he took toward me, I took a step back, until I was eventually pressed against the wall.

He came up to me and lifted my chin so our gazes locked. I felt my heart pound against my chest.

"You see Vincent, if we can't be friends..." He said, grinning.

"...I guess we'll just have to be enemies."

He reached for my neck but I grabbed him by his wrist and shoved his hand away, then turned and ran.

I ran as fast as I could, but he caught up, and grabbed me by the back of my purple shirt. He flipped me around to face him, then grabbed me by my shirt collar and yanked me toward him. He laughed like the psychopath he was.

"You thought you'd got rid of me, didn't you. Well guess what? You were wrong."

Fear got the best of me and I gripped my knife and lashed out, cutting him. He gritted his teeth and stumbled back, but then he looked up at me.

He ran at me and grabbed both my arms, then reached with one hand and jerked the knife from my hand. He grinned crazily and put it at my neck.

I gulped and tried to pull away, forgetting he had a hold on my arm. I was terrified at this point.

He just chuckled.