Chapter 44

~Vincent's POV~

"Really? How do I know your not lying?"

"You don't." They laughed.

I struggled, but without warning they cut the rope on my right hand. I yelped, as the blade had barely cut my arm in the process.

They cut the other rope, then turned the chair around so I could face them.

I wanted to run, but I didn't. I don't know why. I was just froze in pure terror I guess.

The green-eyed girl reached down and grabbed my shoulder and jerked me from the chair.

"Pl-Please, don't work with that man... He-He-"

"We know kid." The other girl growled. She pushed her friend off of me and grabbed me by my shirt collar before pulling me down the hallway.

"Don't do this...! Please!" I yelped.

"Look, I already told you: you're not gonna die." She growled. She was clearly irritated by me but she kept dragging me against my will.

"Why should I believe that?!" I said, the tone in my voice showing my fear.

"Well, if you believed it, you'd believe you'd make it out of here alive, and maybe then you'd calm down and stop acting like a complete baby." She muttered bitterly.

I scowled and kicked her in the leg. In the few seconds she gritted her teeth and loosened her grip, I took off running.

I have to find a way out of here, I thought. It seemed like my only hope.

I turned a corner, only to come upon a dead end. I muttered a curse under my breath and backed up a bit, but before I could turn and try another direction, someone pushed me and pinned me against the wall.

"You try that again and I swear I'll put a bullet through your skull, you hear?" They snarled. The voice of the girl I'd tried to escape from.

I nodded, my heart pounding against my chest.

I felt her breath against the back of my neck as she growled, "Good."

***