Padfoot

It was the day after Draco and Harry's 'show'. They slept in the same room but different beds. Although they have kissed 3 times, they never talk about it. They just go on and pretend it never happened. Harry woke up in an empty room. Harry looked at the alarm clock he has lying on the bedside table that sits by his bed. It read 8:00 am.

He slowly got up and headed to the bathroom, he took quite a long shower just thinking about what has been going on at Hogwarts and with him that during the past few months. He couldn't wait to go home for Christmas. He only has one week before he can go home and be with Sirius. The Weasleys, Remus, Teddy and Hermione will go to 12 Grimmauld Place later on Christmas Day for dinner.

He got dressed and head down to the great hall for breakfast. He walked in making sure to throw a smirk over to the Slytherin table before sitting down across from Hermione and Ron. It was 8:45 am, so the hall was relatively quiet, most people had already headed to classes as they started at 9 am.

"Hey mate, good night last night?" Ron said with a smirk over his face. "Shut up," Harry said blushing looking down at the toast he had out on his plate. "Why did you not tell us?" Ron asked. "There is nothing to tell," Harry snapped back looking at his two best friends who had massive grins across their face.

"Don't lie to us Harry, we were there when it happened," Hermoine said raising her eyebrows at the embarrassed boy. "I'm being serious, nothing happened, and there's nothing to tell. It was an out of the moment thing. If it happens again, then it happens again, it happened. Nothing more, nothing less," Harry said taking a bite out off his toast as his new owl, Tempest came in and dropped a letter on his knee. "So, you're gay?"Hermione asked tilting her head slightly in confusion. "Nope, straight as a ruler," Harry said standing up with his letter and walking away before they got a chance to answer him. He headed to potions, where he was partnered with Malfoy.

***

Potions went without a problem, Harry didn't speak to Draco and Draco didn't speak to Harry. Harry was sitting at lunch when he remembered the letter sitting in the pocket of his robes. He took it out waiting on Ron and Hermione and automatically recognized the handwriting as Sirius'. 

Dear Harry,

I hope everything at Hogwarts is okay, everything here is good. Teddy has moved in while Remus is teaching, Andromeda isn't very well and has been taken to St. Mungo's with some muggle disease? Cancer or something like that. She say's it isn't serious but I know she's lying. Teddy has already lost her mother I don't want him to lose his grandmother as well.

Also, I hope you are still coming home at Christmas, write back and tell me yeah? How're things going? Remus told me you are still getting into fights with that Malfoy boy? Your Mum would have wanted me to say something like, don't rise to him. Ignore him and he will go away eventually.

But I'm not your mother so punch him in the face so hard he can't even remember his own name never mind yours. It always worked for me?

Anyway, I hope your grades are rising. I will see you soon.

I love and miss you so much!

Love, Padfoot x

Harry had so many thoughts going through his head, he couldn't think straight! He took out the spare parchment he always carried in his robe pocket and started writing.

Dear Padfoot,

I hope Andromeda is going to be okay, keep me updated on her condition! Cancer is a horrible disease, you are correct. If she has cancer she definitely is not okay. She will need a lot of help, even though she won't ask for it.

Yeah, I'm coming home for Christmas, I'm so excited to see you and little Teddy. I still can't believe Remus trusted you with an 8-month-old baby. Please tell me you've learned how to change a nappy.

Malfoy and I are okay now. McGonagall has him tutoring me to help my grades get better. I'm not failing potions anymore, I'm getting an B! But anyway, I hope everything is okay at Grimmauld Place, everything is fine here. Hermione and Ron are really good as well and they send their love.

I will see you soon. I love and miss you!

Love HJP x

Harry folded it up and placed it into an envelope he got from a simple wave of his wand. He put in his pocket to take up to the owlery later to get Tempest to take it to Sirius. Finally, Hermione and Ron came and sat down in front of him. "You alright mate?" Ron said smiling at Harry. "Yeah, just Sirius owl'd," He said patting his pocket indicating where it is. They both just nodded in understanding not wanting to push it.

"So, are you going to talk to us about it?" Hermione said knowing exactly what she wanted to talk about, "about what" Harry said playing stupid. "You know what she's talking about mate!" Ron said a little too loud, they all got some odd stares from people all around the hall including Seamus and Neville who were sitting a little bit further up the table.

"Look, nothing's going on. We kissed a few times that's all. Just drop it," Harry said not really feeling in the mood to be interrogated about it. What he was telling them is true. He didn't know why he kissed him. He just does. He has no feelings towards him whatsoever. But he still felt drawn to him.

"Come on Harry mate, tell him what's going on. I mean, you don't just kiss Draco Malfoy, someone who has hated you for the past 7 years for nothing" Ron said giving him that look, that he knows for a fact he isn't going to drop this until he gets an answer. "Okay, okay. I have no feelings towards him. Let's get this straight. I'm not gay either, neither is he. We just kiss every once in awhile. Like, it's fun I suppose, but that's all. I mean come on let be serious, it's not just me. It's him too," he said telling them the truth while shrugging his shoulders and drinking his pumpkin juice.

"Oh, Harry. Can't you have one uneventful year? Promise me you will try and stay away from him?" Hermione asked him. "You know I can't do that!" He said and walked away out of the hall.