Home

Harry was sitting on the train on the way back home. He couldn't believe he was actually going back home. It's was not going to be the same, though. He didn't know what's going on but it's different. Something was different.

He didn't know if it's because he knew he could finally have a normal year at Hogwarts, or is it because this is going to be his first and last year without Dumbledore. Dumbledore treated him like his own son. He had forgiven Snape for what he did, he knew why he did it. But he just couldn't bring himself to move on after his death.

He wasn't going to come back this year. He had told Ron and Hermione no, that he was not coming back after what happened. But Sirius persuaded him. He explained that no matter how hard he tried to forget what happened he never could.

That no matter how much he tried to ignore it, he had to come back. He never actually said goodbye. Except for Godric's Hollow, Hogwarts is where he felt most connected to his parents. They met there, they fell in love there, they left it up to the people that live within those very walls to protect him when he needed it most. He owed it to them, to at least finish his education.

After the war was over, he couldn't face going back there. All those people that died that day, because of him. He couldn't face it. But deep down, he knew he had to. For them. He was rudely awoken out my day dream by Ron and Hermione. "You need to get changed Harry for the 100th time. We will be arriving soon" she said to him as a warm tear falls down his face.

He quickly wiped it away and smiled towards the two that were changed into their robes already. "Yeah I'll go do it now," he said with a fake smile on his face as another tear fell down his face. He heard Hermione shout on him telling him to come back but he ignored her and headed towards the nearest bathroom to get changed.

***

The train finally pulled up to the platform and Harry stepped off the train and walked towards the group of people. He finally found Ron and Hermione and they all started to walk towards Hagrid.

Hermione gave Harry a look as if to ask if he was okay. He just smiled sincerely at her and continued walking.

"Harry, me boy. I thought' you werni' comin' back this year?" Hagrid asked with confusion laced in his voice. "I wasn't, Sirius talked me into it" Harry smiled at him and he just laughed. "Why does that not surprise me. Come down and see me soon okay? We need to catch up" Harry just nodded in agreement and made his way towards the carriages that were making their way up to the castle.

Harry considered missing out dinner all together but he thought better not. McGonagall and Snape would kill him if they found out. He slowly made my way to the great hall. He came into eye contact with McGonagall and she gave him a warm, welcoming smile. He soon thought this year isn't going to go the way he thought.

They all sat down at the table. Harry sat next to Seamus and Ginny, and across from Ron and Hermione. He and Ginny broke up just after the war. They decided it just wasn't going to work, it was putting stress on Harry and Ron's friendship and Harry had a lot going on his my mind with Sirius and Dumbledore.

He just wasn't ready for a relationship.

Snape walked up to the platform and the whole hall just turned into silence. Harry looked up from the little food he had placed on his plate and looked straight into a pair of silver eyes staring right through him.

Draco Malfoy.

"'Mione, I thought you said Malfoy wasn't coming back this year?" Harry questioned Hermione while Snape rambled on about sorting the new kids into houses. "He isn't," Hermione said confused. "Look behind you," Harry said, livid that Malfoy was here and Harry never knew before hand. 

Hermione just looked at him with sympathy prominent in her eyes and Harry shook his head going back to what Snape was saying. "So, since there isn't normally the eighth year, we need to make space. So we have decided since there is only a small amount of you, you will all be put into one big dorm..itory," He said at the whole of the eighth year sighed. "Enough," Snape bellowed out throughout the hall. There was silence.

"Also, so that you get to inter..act with people from other houses. I have deci..ded to partner you up with someone from another house and that is who you will be sharing a room with for the rest of the year," and with him saying that he introduced the students to the new teachers and then went on to telling them how we will get taken to our rooms by Professor McGonagall but they had to wait until everyone was gone.

She finally started to take the little remaining eighth year up, they went straight to the top off Hogwarts, to a corridor, that most students never knew existed until now. She came towards the portrait on the wall.

"Okay, everyone. The password is 'Wulfric' as soon you go in, there will be a list of who is sharing with who. Girls West wing, Boys East wing. That is all from now. Goodnight," she said walking away not looking back. One of the boys from Hufflepuff let them all in and everyone rushed to see the list. There were a few sighs of disappointment.

Harry and Ron walked up and Harry started to look down the list. 'Harry Potter and Blaise Zabini' Harry groaned in annoyance but continued to read down the list. 'Ronald Weasley and Draco Malfoy'

Harry turned to see Ron's face drop. "I'm not sharing with him Harry," He looked at the red haired boy with sympathy. Without thinking, Harry did something stupid. Something he instantly regretted.

"Okay, I will", Ron looked at him like his eyes were about to fall out his head. "Seriously? Thank you, Harry, so much! But why? You hate him as much as me?" He stated. "Yeah, but I can control myself, I can stop myself before I hex him into oblivion. The only problem, you'll have to share with Zabini," He said to him.

Hermione walked over to us, "So? Who are you sharing with?" She asked us. "Zabini," Ron said in disgust, "Oh I'm sorry, babe," Hermione said pulling her boyfriend in for a cuddle. "Malfoy," Harry said with pure hatred. "Oh, Harry I'm sorry," Hermoine said in sympathy.

He just shook his head, dismissing her and headed up to the room he would have to share with Malfoy for the next 11 months. He noticed his stuff was already there, Harry looked in confusion. He walked over to see a note on top of it.

'I knew you wouldn't let Mr Weasley room with Mr Malfoy, you'll be fine Mr Potter -McGonagall' Harry sighed loudly and threw himself down on the bed with the Gryffindor sheets on it. Soon Malfoy came in. "What are you doing here Potter?" he said to the Gryffindor boy with pure hatred in his voice.

"You didn't think I was really going to allow you to room with Ron?" Harry chuckled slightly under his breath. "You're more stupid than I thought," He said. Harry looked at him, he just rolled his eyes and walked away.

This is going to be a hard 11 months.