Who Said Life Was Fair? (Avengers/Barnes/Maximoff x reader)

"Hey, Buck? Your hand?"

"What about it?"

"It's on my butt," you whispered, trying your best to hold your gun steady, your target finally in your sights.

"You're the one who said you could hit any target, any time, any situation. I'm just testing that," he chuckled quietly as he lay on the ground next to you.

"I don't think normal battle conditions include distraction from your boyfriend's hand on your ass, Buck. You're not playing fair." You held your weapon tightly and curved your finger around the trigger, slowly pulling back, but startled when a firm slap from Bucky's hand connected with a sting. For the first time in as long as you could remember, you had completely missed your target.

"Who said life was fair, doll?"

Dropping your head down in frustration, you pulled your gun back and rolled to face him. "Dammit, that was the first shot I've had at this guy since we started looking for him, and you ruined it. Great work, Barnes, just great." A group of voices grew louder in the distance, becoming clearer as they came closer to where you had been hiding. "And now we have to run. I swear you're more trouble that you're worth."

Bucky stood and held his arm out for you to take the lead and bowed with a smile, "after you, my love."

Holstering your weapon, you shot him a warning glance and ran past, stopping behind a small grove of trees to listen for the direction of the team that was now searching for you. "You go that way," you whispered, pointing to a clearing on the other side of the building that you were hiding in. "I'll take this side."

"I'm not leaving you," he whispered back, his tone slightly angry that you would suggest splitting up. "We go together."

"Buck, if we split, we can take more out than we can together. Go!"

"Nope, not without you," he said with a cool resolution.

"Sounds like a lovers quarrel if you ask me." The two of you froze at the sound of the man directly behind you, followed by the familiar click of his gun being armed. "You can finish it in the truck. Move it."

You rolled your eyes and shot Bucky and annoyed glance as you stood, raising your arms and lacing your fingers behind your head. "This is on you," you mumbled. You slowly moved to stand next to the guard, waiting for any opportunity to overtake him.

"Come on, Barnes. Let's go," the man ordered. There was no reason for him to know either of your names, and now your curiosity was heightened. Bucky looked at you, confused, but taking direction from the man to join you for detainment.

"You must be a new guy," Bucky said with a smile, getting the full attention of the guard, "you've paid too much attention to me and forgot to take her weapon."

"What-"

Before he could say another word, you had pulled your weapon and shot him dead with one clean hit. "Newbies," you groaned with a shake of your head. "Now, I'm only gonna say this once. You go that way, and I'll go this way. That's an order, Barnes."

"You know how I like it when you order me around," he smirked. "Fine, boss. I'll go." He quickly rushed over to you for a quick kiss before running off to where you had directed, not looking back. If he had, he might have been able to save you before you were knocked out from behind and dragged away to captivity.

~~~

She's not accepting the process. Her mind is blocking us out.

That's not possible. Go higher.