Crybaby (Tony Stark x reader)

You were never nervous meeting your dad before, but now that you were meeting to discuss the final details of your wedding, you couldn't stop from shaking. Tony had been a bit of an emotional wreck lately, and it was only getting worse as the day came closer. Now that it was only one week until the day you married Steve, you knew that your dad would be more than you cared to deal with on top of all the things you had yet to do.

"Good evening, Miss. It's very nice to see you again. I trust that you must be very excited about the festivities next week?"

"Hey, JARVIS. Yeah, excited and nervous. How's dad been holding up?"

"Why don't you just ask dad?" Tony laughed as he pulled you in for a hug. "Not worried about me, are you?"

"No, not worried. Just wondering how you're doing with all of this. You seem to be a little...emotional lately."

He pulled back from the hug with a look of surprise on his face. "Emotional? Me? I'm sorry, you must be thinking of that softie you're about to marry. That guy is nothing but hearts and flowers and happy tears anymore."

"Nice, dad. You need to ease up on your future son-in-law." You looked up to see Tony's eyes turning red and the familiar rim of tears lining his eyelids. "Dad. Seriously you need to get this under control. I didn't even say anything!"

"I just can't believe my little girl is giving me a 95-year-old son-in-law, okay?"

~~~

"So, your dad tried to sit me down for a talk today."

"Oh, god. What happened?" Your father was the master of putting his foot in his mouth, saying things that are definitely better left unsaid. In his current state of emotions, he could have said or done just about anything.

"He cried. A lot. And then he hugged me."

You wished that you could see Steve's expression as he said that, but being the night before the wedding you had decided not to see each other at all. "I'm sorry, babe. He's not really himself right now." There was a long pause before he spoke again, and you wondered if he had fallen asleep. "Babe?"

"I miss you."

"Steve, it's been three hours." A loud sigh and a low groan came thru the phone as you reminded him. "By the time tomorrow's over, you'll be totally sick of seeing me."

"You're joking right?"

"Go to sleep, and before you know it, I'll be walking towards you, dragging my sobbing father along with me."

He chuckled quietly, imagining what that might look like. "Can't wait. I love you, (Y/N)."

"Love you too, Steve."

~~~

It was time to go. It was time for you to meet Steve at the end of the aisle, and to commit your futures to each other. All you had to do was get your father to hold it together for a bit longer.

"You really couldn't be more beautiful, (Y/N). I'm just so proud of you." Tony wiped tears from his eyes as he spoke, trying to hide it from you. He didn't want to be so emotional; it really wasn't like him at all, but he couldn't help it. You were his only child, and you were about to take another step further away from him.

"Thanks, dad. You did good, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

Tears began to fill your eyes now too as you looked at him, finally understanding why he was having such a hard time keeping it together. "I know it was hard for you, not being able to raise me with mom, not having time together as much as you wanted." You grabbed a tissue from him and carefully wiped your eyes dry as to not mess your makeup. "And we both know I was a terrible teenager, so I just want to say how sorry I am for that."

"Yeah, you got that from me."

"But now...now things are good, aren't they? I'm so fortunate to have you in my life, dad. I can't imagine it without you, and I love you so much."

Tony took a deep breath, pulling you to him for a final hug before he walked you towards Steve. He kissed your forehead and put your arm in his. "I love you too, sweetheart."

As the processional music began, he started to move you forward. His eyes were still wet with tears, as were yours. The plan you had to keep your father together had failed and he took you down with him. But really, it didn't matter anymore. You were just happy that this moment was here and you were sharing it with him. As you looked down the aisle, you saw Bucky hand Steve a cloth to wipe his eyes dry as well.

Tony's hand squeezed yours gently as he saw Steve and whispered, "Wow, what a crybaby, huh?"