Because I have Jeremy.

*Megan Annabelle Salvatore*

Something was bothering me. I snuggled deeper into my soft blanket to avoid the bright light. I managed to spend a few peaceful seconds tucked from head to toe in the blanket, before it was yanked away from me.

"Help!" Was the first word that escaped my lips. Immediately I was off the bed, blinking too much to adjust to the light, and making crazy karate poses. "Whoever you are, you have to be punished for spoiling my beauty sleep. Ooh, I know karate- you're dead."

I blinked a few more times and then recognised Damon shaking his head in dissapointment. "How do I know you Megan?"

I raised an eyebrow and laughed, "Damon, you looove me!" I sang loudly sending flying kisses to Damon while he made disgusting faces.

"You wish." He muttered.

I laughed loudly again, "You don't remember, do you?" I asked and waited for his response. He shrugged showing he did not remember and I smirked, "Well, last night you got pretty drunk and told me about your undying love for me."

He stared at me before starting to cough. At that moment, I didn't know if I should laugh or see if he has some throat infection. After a few moments of thinking, I held my stomach and ended up laughing at how uncomfortable he looked. He gave me a look and cleared his throat. "Stop cooking up stories Meg, we all know you love me and you're waiting for me to say it back."

Now it wasn't funny anymore. I yawned and then rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night sweet heart." I said before walking into the bathroom to take a shower.

~

Almost an hour later, I got out of Damon's car pulling on my Ray Bans. "I'll pick you up. Gotta meet Ric anyway." Damon said, driving away.

"Sure." I mumbled.

As I made my way into school, I spotted two people I wasn't in the mood to see just then. Bonnie and Elena parted from the little group they were talking to and marched to me. "Where is Care?"

I chuckled. "Hey, that rhymed! Bonnie, you might not be as hopeless as I thought you were, you can become a poet."

She scowled at me. "That wasn't even funny Megan."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Care is with Stefan." Then I looked at Elena, "Hon, you trust Stef, so you guys can relax."

And with that, I pushed through them and went to my locker. As I was opening it, I felt a presence behind me. A good one at that. I turned around and was grabbed into a bear hug. "Happy belated birthday Megan!"

I smiled, "So glad you remember, Elijah."

"Of course I remember love. I even have a gift for you." And then he pulled out a little box from his pocket and handed it to me.

I opened the delicate box cautiously and a grin made its way to my face. "Its the same stone Nik gave me!" I said holding the tiny pink earrings.

"Ah, yes. We had decided to give these to you. They go together."

"Nik said they were really rare, where did you get them?"

"That is the advantage of living for thousands of years." He smirked.

I smiled. "Thank you so much. But you didn't need to give me something so valuable. I love it, but I can't accept it Elijah."

"No worries Megan. I have hundreds of more precious stones. These won't make a difference."

I was sitting in the cafetaria with a bottle of lemonade in my hands with Matt and a few football jocks when someone unwanted sits on the table. I could feel his eyes on my tiny hands, watching carefully as I rolled the bottle from one hand to another.