The Emotionless Witch.

*Stefan Salvatore *

I couldn't believe what I heard. Megan was dead, my little Megan died. And what was worse was that I knew she was stronger than that. It was in her nature to be stronger than this. She... why?

Honestly, I knew that in this moment Klaus would happily murder me without a second thought, and surprising I was ready for it. I wanted him to kill me. I wanted to be punished. I deserved it.

I opened my mouth to say I'm sorry, to beg to do anything that would make up for what I've done, but I heard a voice that I'd been itching to hear for ages.

"What's happening?" It was Elena, and definitely not the one I'd left sleeping on the couch two hours ago. She seemed different, in a good way.

Seconds passed, I wanted to get to her, but Klaus had me pinned. Suddenly something blurred its way to her. When I blinked again, Damon stood there, with his hand on her cheek. I wanted to rip his hand off her, but that would cause my hand to be ripped off my body. He studied her like a new species, something he'd never seen, and then he whispered, "Now I get it."

Klaus pounced off me and ran to his side, watching my Elena closely. I knew he wanted desperately to touch her then, to see if she was real, but he was disgusted with her, she was after all, the reason Megan died. "Why..."

Not believing the scene in front of me I, as well, ran to her and held her. Realisation dawned, "She did it to make Elena human again."

~

"Impossible."

"Its possible," said Veronikah to Klaus as she entered the boarding house.

"Where's Megan?" Damon frowned.

"I didn't bury her yet, I don't think I'll ever be ready to bury her. Bury her, jeez, it sounds foreign. Anywho, she's safe, don't worry."

Klaus cleared his throat, "Veronikah, please enlighten us on how it is possible."

She nodded, "Did you think it was even possible for a hybrid to become human again?" She didn't wait for an answer and continued, "No. But she's in front of you, human, you know it. Megan obviously being the smart-ass she was, did it."

No one seemed to notice, but Damon took a tiny step back, as if was stabbed by the word 'was.'

"There must obviously be a reverse spell?" Asked Rebekah.

"No!" Screamed Elena, "I need to remain human."

"What if you will? What if we can only somehow get Megan back, without turning you again?" Caroline asked. I could tell she was broken from the inside, no matter how much she tried to hide it.

Elena thought about it, "if its possible, go for it."

"Consult a witch," Damon demanded.

"Bonnie," Caroline said.

Damon made a face but agreed.

~

"Megan ki-killed herself?"

"Yes. Now although you hated her and were a bitch to her, you will find a way to bring her back." Klaus stressed the word 'will.'

"No."

Without warning, Klaus held her by the neck and squeezed. Tears rolled down her cheeks, but she didn't utter a word. "Bonnie, I could simply kill you and hire another witch. You'll be at loss anyhow."

I watched, amazed as she shook her head. She sure was brave, but I couldn't let her die. Someone important to me died because of me already.

And the painful flashbacks started.