Just to rule the world.

*Megan Annabelle Salvatore*

"I will never forgive you."

The pain I felt hearing those five tiny words, was something I couldn't explain. Shortest way to describe it was 'heartbreak.'

I looked into Stefan's green eyes and gulped. Yes, hatred burned in them. He looked disgusted. And all these harsh feelings for me, I couldn't come to accept the fact.

"Stefan, you can't say that! You love me."

For a millisecond, I saw hurt flash in his eyes, before the same annoyed, disgusted look reappeared. "Yes Megan, loved. Past tense. Now I find you so pathetic, I couldn't even hate you. Had I known you were so ungrateful, I bet I wouldn't have been so fond of you. The things I did for you... this is how you repay me? By siding with a heartless vampire- hybrid- over me? Really, I am truly disappointed."

And my heart broke into a million tiny pieces. "Stefan... is there anything I can do to make it up to you? Anything? I promise I'll do it even if I have to fetch you stars."

He chuckled, "Fetch the stars? You think something so little could make me forgive you?" He sounded so different, so full of anger... I was almost scared of him, "Megan, nothing could make me forgive you. I hate you."

Now something inside me snapped. I wanted him to forgive me, I needed him to forgive me. Not because I loved him so much, but because he didn't understand it was not my fault. "What about our epic bromance, Stefan? You can't let a girl ruin it."

He snorted. "Yes we did have an epic bromance, but you already let an arrogant original ruin it."

Anger, I felt pure anger. Stefan cannot deny our bromance. With everything I had inside of me, I screamed, "Stefan, for god's sake, it wasn't my fault!"

"You could've stopped it Megan. I know you could have." And with that he ran to me.

Not knowing what to do in those seconds, I pulled the stake out of my now dead mother and tried to push it through Stefan's shoulder as gently as I could. It went through and he screamed in pain, dropping to his knees.

This caught everyone's attention. Veronikah was by my side in an instant and was kneeling down, holding Stefan's hand. Damon lazily walked to me and hugged me once he got to me. Elena ran to Stefan too, but was a little late since Veronikah was already dragging Stefan to the car. Bonnie was busy glaring at me, probably trying a spell on me. Alaric was just trying to look like he fit.

"Megan, I'm taking Stefan to the boarding house. I'll try to talk some sense into him."

Stefan tried to get away from her, but Veronikah being an original, was stronger. "Veronikah, I really am fond of you, but all this siding with Megan and helping her makes me dislike you."

"Do I look like I care. Besides, I will obviously side with her, she was helping my lovely brother."

"She was helping you brother kill me," interrupted Elena.

I rolled my eyes and so did Veronikah, "Honey, if you didn't notice, you're pretty much alive." She stated. "Although now I sincerely wish Megan hadn't been so considerate."

Elena almost began towards Veronikah, but seeing Damon and I in the way, stopped. Bonnie now looked into my eyes and then into Damon's. "Go Elena, I'll handle them."

I almost laughed. "Bonnie, I know you think you're so cool with the newly discovered magic and stuff, but let me assure you, if I use even a bit of my magic on you, we'd be seeing your ashes here and not you."