Update

Hi guys its Ari here, soo....
We're both really sorry but we do have a new book coming out very soon, so tune in if you want to read it xxx, ari
And here is the preview of the new book.
For the love of a monster.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, silence; was the rarest of beauties in my life, most of the time it was either complete and utter chaos, or organised chaos, so when the calm hit as it always did, I did my damnedest to make sure I took full advantage, my life had been basically silent for three weeks, since my partner in crime and chaos left; essentially without warning granted; but saying no to him was like telling a kitten not to be cute, totally impossible and utterly impractical.

"Josh, darling bring me another drink will you?" I called out to the handsome young aspiring model I'd compelled.
"Of course my love," the 'my love' bit was getting a bit annoying though.

In the midst of my fifth Margarita my phone rang, with the barest of glances at it I sighed, "Hello baby brother, what can I do for you?"

"We need your help, come home so I can explain, please, I need you here."

"Put my idiot twin on please Stefan, so I can yell at him."

"He's not here, please come home," he almost begged.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes, there had better be a plentiful blood supply when I get back," I snapped before hanging up.

"Josh darling, go home to your family, settle down have children, you will forget about all of this, am I clear?"

"Yes."

I gathered all of the important things in my possession and tossed them in the back of my 1964 Chevrolet Impala which was painted a stunning high gloss pearl finish electric blue, my favorite color.

In the hour it took for me to drive back home- I say home as a relative term, Mystic falls hadn't been my home since July the 13th 1864, when my father sent me to live with my Aunt, I came back to find my home a ruined state, my twin and younger brother monsters of the night, since then I hadn't really been able think of mystic falls as home, only the place where as a human I flourished under the careful guidance of my father and persistent friendship of Damon's.
While he could pretend to be one, Damon wasn't really a monster, not in his heart, not truly, the same person who would hug me during storms when I couldn't sleep, when I'd fall out of trees and get in trouble, he'd take the rap for it all, he couldn't have turned into the monster he feared he would become.

The familiar boarding house came into sight. I didn't know what to feel. It's been years. Not just since I came to Mystic Falls, but since I saw Stefan too. I hadn't been a great sister, I must say. I haven't been a great anything, in fact. Not a lover, not a sister, not a person. I only wish it wouldn't get awkward when I got back home.

I parked the car outside and took a long, deep breath before stepping inside.

"Stefan!"
"Thank god," He barreled around the corner for a hug, using the duck and side step maneuver I managed to escape.
I held up a finger, "No hugs until you tell me what the fuck my idiot of a twin has done now."

"What makes you think it's my fault something's gone wrong?"
"Damon, thank god," I launched at him and hugged tight, "I was just worried I thought someone had taken you again."

People talk about 'twinsense' as being an actual thing, it's not, well it may be, our sort of dialed down when Damon turned at 25, when I turned at 27 it died completely, as the eldest of the two of us by nine minutes it was always stronger for me, Damon funnily enough still gets slight tingles when something's wrong on my end.

"You're okay, you're okay," I muttered patting his face just to make sure it wasn't my imagination, its been known to play silly tricks on me, "Wait, if Damon's not dead or dying then why the hell have you dragged me back to this hell? Stefan?"
"It's a long story, just sit down sis, we'll explain," he sighed, almost upset.
"You'd damn well better Stefan Antonio Salvatore, you know how much I hate this hell hole."
Stefan smiled sadly,"This is home Dahlia, it always will be, for all of us."
I grimaced,"Shut up Stefan."

In the three hours it took Stefan and Damon to explain I'd had seven glasses of French brandy,a bottle of wine and a 100 year old bottle of Jameson's which Damon objected very strongly to me even touching.

"So what you're telling me is that you are in love with the spitting image of Katherine, who is alive and roaming Mystic Falls again, and that some nut job wants to kill her."
Damon nodded,"So you going to help us out?"
A shaky breath escaped, "sure why the hell not, first, I'm doing some recon, I'll be back in an hour tops."

Let us know what you think