part 62

"It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you." ― Roald Dahl, The Witches

Sophie's POV

When I woke up from my nap, Cam was feeding Alexander a small bottle.

"Good morning beautiful." He smiles.

"Morning handsome." I say. He gets up to kiss me and sits back down.

"Oh, Sophie. It's good to see you're awake!" My doctor walks in. "I need to tell you something."

"Okay." I say and she sits down on a chair next to my bed.

"Good news and bad news." She states. "Good news is you're alive and well. Bad news is that because this was a miracle pregnancy, I'm afraid that you can't do this again. During labor we noticed that the womb area suffered multiple injuries that can not be fixed."

"So I can't have another child?" I ask.

"No, I'm so sorry. There is another way though. If you can find a 'carrier' to hold your baby and give birth, you can have another child."

"What is a carrier?" I ask, confused.

"A carrier can be a family member or friend that is willing to carry your baby. We will take an egg from you and a sperm from Cameron and place it in the carrier. That way, the baby will have all your traits." The doctor explains.

"Oh, that sounds like something we might do." I look over to Cam and he nods.

"Ok, if you ever wanted to do it, you know where to find me." She says and leaves.

The next week

"WAHHHH" I hear Alexander scream. I sigh and get up from our bed, walking into the nursery.

"It's okay, baby. Mommy's here." I say as I lift him out of his crib. I rock him in my arms as I walk downstairs to make his bottle.

Once it's ready I walk back upstairs to feed him in his rocking chair.

"Shhh." I softly whisper. I watch as his big blue eyes stare at me. I smile and kiss his forehead. When he is done, I burp him and put him back in his crib. I walk back downstairs and wash the bottle out and go upstairs and crawl back to bed.

Cam is still sleeping. He probably didn't hear the cries. I hear my phone beep and check it.

Unknown: When were you going to tell me I had a grandchild?

How did my dad get my number?  Thought he was in jail. I responded saying, "leave my family alone."

Unknown: Too late

I gasp and hear Alexander's cries. I wake Cam up and show him my phone. His eyes widen and we tip toe to the nursery. I hear the cries stop, which makes my heart skip a beat. I peak into the room and see a man rocking Alexander in his arms.

"Put the baby down." Cam says sternly. The man laughs. I hide behind Cam, scared to death.

"Oh Cameron..." The man says, putting Alexander in the crib. I recognize the voice as my father's.

"How did you get out of jail?" I step out from behind Cam.

"My dear Sophie." He walks towards me with his arms open, like he wants me to give him a hug.

"Get away from me." I spit.

"That's no way to talk to your father." He frowns.

"Go call the cops." I whisper to Cam.

"I don't want to le-" He starts.

"Go." I say. He runs out of the room and I face my dad.

"So this is my grandson." He looks inside the crib.

"Yes, but this is the first and last time you'll get to meet him." I say through gritted teeth. He turns around and slams me against the wall. The sound wakes Alexander up, making him cry.

I kick my dad away from me, but he pulls out a gun. I stop moving.

"You wouldn't." I watch him back away from me.

"Oh believe me Sophie, I will." He says, cocking the gun. I close my eyes and hold my breath.

"PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" A cop yells. I open my eyes and see my dad drop the gun. Another cop runs over to me.

"Everything's going to be okay. You're safe." They say. I ignore them and grab Alexander out of the crib, rocking him back and forth. Cam runs in and hugs both of us. I watch as they arrest my father and take him away. Some nurses from the ambulance come into the room and make me sit in a chair. They clean up my wounds while tons of officers ask me questions.

__________________________

Don't forget to check out my website, sydnaiwrites.weebly.com