part 21

"Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart." ― José N. Harris, MI VIDA: A Story of Faith, Hope and Love

Sophie's POV

It was lunch time now and I honestly had no idea what to do. Michael and Patty had money from dad, I see he's playing favorites, while I have nothing. I sat down at an empty table outside and started to doodle.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" A voice says.

"No." I say as I look up at the boy.

"I'm Cole." He smiles and I remember his name from somewhere...

"Sophie." I say. Now I remember, he came for dinner last night!

"I've never seen you around? Are you new?" He asks and I nod, but before I could say anything a hand grabs me. They pull me so I'm standing up. It's Michael. He leads me away from the table.

"Sophie what the **** are you saying to him?!" He spits. I dramatically wipe my face.

"All I said was my name okay?" I fake smiled and he rolled his eyes.

"I have to sit with you okay, so does Patty." He lets go of his tight grip on my arm and sits down. I sit down too, Cole giving us a weird look.

"Um, are you guys okay?" He asks.

"Just fine." Michael says quickly.

"How do you know each other?" Cole asks and I almost choke on air.

"We are step siblings." Michael says as Patty sits down, listening to the conversation.

"Where were you last night then, during the dinner?" Cole looks at me.

"She was..." Michael thinks.

"I was flying here from my mom's house." I swallow the lump in my throat after saying mom. "My dad didn't want to stay with her another night so I did and they all caught a plane here." I lie. Michael taps his leg with mine as if to say 'good job'. Yeah thanks.

"Yea, Sophie had to catch a plane that night." Patty says nodding fast.

"Yup." I smile.

Shawn's POV (A/N: WHAAATTT???)

I was about to drive to my girlfriends house when my phone started ringing. It was Cameron.

"Hey Cam, what's up? How's Sophie?" I ask. Sophie's like a sister to me and I love her to pieces.

"Hey Shawn, I'm okay I guess. And I need to talk to you about Sophie." He says sadly.

"What's wrong?" I ask, scared of what he will say next.

"She went missing and then she called saying she hated me." He pauses before starting again, this time you could tell he was crying. "S-she said she never loved me. I called off all the police searches and now I'm calling all the boys and telling them what happened."

"Cam, I'm so sorry. That doesn't sound like her." I gasp, shocked.

"I know right. I'm just going to let her do her own thing." He sighs.

"Cam, none of this is your fault okay. I'm sure she will come back, I promise."

"Shawn, don't promise the impossible." He laughs a little.

"I'm serious. I know her and she will definitely come back. There's got to be a reason she just left." I start to think.

"That's what I've been thinking..."

________________________

Hello!! This part is dedicated to my friend @summertimezoe (that's her Instagram). She is a little sad right now so please leave a nice comment for her that will make her smile😊