part 9

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

Cameron's POV

I dropped Sophie off at college and went home to see Nash pacing back and forth.

"Dude, you okay?" I ask, putting my keys down.

"Not really, I'm auditioning for a role in a big movie." He sighs.

"Don't be nervous I'm sure you'll get it." I say.

"You should audition with me!" Nash says. Another one of his bright ideas... No.

"Nah I'm good." I shake my head.

"Please Cam! When have I ever dragged you into anything you didn't like?" He asks and I burst into laughter.

"Remember your 'smart' plan that made Sophie hate me?" I emphasis the word smart.

"Oh... Sorry. But seriously trust me this time!" He begs.

"Fine." I huff and grab the script from his hands.

Sophie's POV

It was lunch time and I didn't see Cam's car anywhere and I was starting to get worried. I texted him.

Me: Cam, are you going to pick me up?

Cam😍: Shoot! Sorry, Nash bring me to his audition. I slipped you a 10 in the side of your bag.

Me: k thanks, goodluck😘

Cam😍: 😘😘

I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed the ten dollar bill out of the side of my bag. I got into the cafeteria lunch line and ordered a Caesar salad. I found an empty table and sat down.

"Hey, what's a pretty girl like you doing here all by yourself?" Some guy says behind me. I choke and my salad and turn around.

"Sorry, my boyfriend couldn't pick me up for lunch today." I say and he sits down next to me.

"Some boyfriend." He scoffs.

"He's at an audition for a big role in a movie." I say, eating another bite.

"Hmm. So tell me about yourself." He says, getting comfortable.

"Um, this isn't an interview." I snap.

"Why are you so fiesty?" He asks.

"Why are you so nosey?" I say.

"Well you got me." He throws his hands up in surrender.

"Fine. My name is Sophie, I'm 18 years old and I'm studying to be a teacher. Happy?" I sneer.

"Yes very." He smiles.

"What about you? What's your name?" I ask suddenly curious.

"Michael. I'm 20 and I'm studying to be an investigator." He grins.

"So this is like your what... Third year of college?" I ask.

"Second." He replies and I nod my head.

"What about your parents? What does your mom do?" He asks, making my stomach drop.

"My moms dead." I bluntly say.

"Oh I-I'm so sorry." He sympathetically says.

"Everyone is." I always get annoyed when people say sorry. I mean it's not like sorry is going to make anything better.

"What about your dad?" He asks. Can he back off sheesh.

"He's a drunk probably in jail or something." I say. That reminds me, where is he? I know he is out to kill me but I haven't heard from him. And is that a good or bad thing?

"Oh." He quickly says.

"My aunt and uncle take care of me and now I live with my boyfriend and my cousin." I clear the confusion.

"Does your cousin or boyfriend go to this school?" He asks.

"No, as you already know, my boyfriend is auditioning for something and my cousin is too. But my boyfriend was supposed to go here but he was kicked out." I chuckle a little.

"Why was he kicked out?"

"He's famous. The dean didn't want the attention at her school." I roll my eyes.

"Wow famous?"

________________________

Sorry I haven't been on in a while! Please, if you have any ideas for the book leave them in the comments or DM me on Instagram @magc0neverything !!