Break Time

Eric sighed once Nessa slowly drifted off into a deep sleep, her right cheek was squished up against the window as she leaned her head onto it with a little drool dripping from the side of her mouth  and even then Eric thought she looked extremely adorable. 

He continued to drive, occasionally looking over at her. He couldn't that he had actually fallen in love with his enemy.

***

"Wake up, sleeping ugly." Eric bellowed loudly, shaking Nessa vigorously.

She groaned and tried to push his arms away from her. "Let me sleep."

"We're here." He told her, opening the car door to leave.

Nessa sighed and slowly let her eyes open as she stretched in the cramped car. Once she realized were she was, her eyebrow raised. They were at the beach.

"What the heck?" She questioned, getting out of the car and following after Eric who was already walking away.

Once she caught up to him, she looked at him. "Why are we here?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

"We don't have time to be here, Hamilton." She was about to go back to the car when Eric grabbed her arm and pulled her to continue to walk beside him.

"Eric, I'm serious!" She frowned, trying to pry away from his grip. "The wedding is in a week and we're at the beach, we have so much to do!"

He ignored her and started to drag her along with him.

"Let me go!"

"Chill out, Young. Let's just stay here for a bit."

Nessa sighed. "10 minutes."

Eric loosen his grip and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

It was silent for a bit as they continued to walk, they moved closer to the large body of water and stood there for a little until Eric sat down.

Nessa looked down at him and tapped her foot impatiently.

Eric looked up at her. "Just relax, Young." He gestured to the spot beside him. "Join me."

She let out sigh and sat down beside him.

"I was thinking about moving back to New York with mom when she gets better." Eric brought up.

Nessa quickly frowned, feeling her heart drop. She laid down and looked up at the starry night.

Eric cocked an eyebrow as he looked at her. "What are you doing?"

"I'm relaxing." She answered, moving her hands onto her stomach. "Why don't you join me?"

He rolled his eyes as she used his words against him, slowly laying beside her looking up at the beautiful night sky as well.

"Are you really thinking about leaving?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah and try to get back into Film School."

She nodded sadly. "You're leaving again?" She forced a smile on her face. "Oh what happy day that will be."

Eric scoffed. "Don't be too sad." He said in a sarcastic tone.

Nessa played with the sand in her hands and bite down on her bottom lip, admiring the sky. "Have I told you that I love the beach?"

"Multiple times, Young."

"It's just so relaxing to be here with the smooth sand and calming water, I wouldn't go anywhere else but here to unwind." She explained, shutting her eyes and smiling lightly.

Eric looked over at her and his eyes twinkled. His eyes ran down the structure of her face, he loved every inch of her. "You're beautiful." He whispered.

Her eyes quickly flew open as she looked over at him, their faces now inches away from each other.

"What did you say?" She asked, her cheeks turning pink.

"Uh..." He looked back up to the sky.  "I said it's beautiful here."

She nodded, knowing that he was lying but let it go anyway. "Thanks for bringing me here, loser."

"I told you it wasn't of waste of time."

They continued to talk throughout the night, passing 10 minutes but they didn't notice they just continued to talk.

"It's ridiculous, you can't eat soggy cereal happily!" Eric argued.

"I love soggy cereal though!"

He cringed. "You're weird."

"At least I'm not the one who just eats cold pizza."

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing."

She looked at him with disgust. "It is."

"How?"

"Pizza is only good when it's hot and the cheese is melting." She told him, imagining pizza in her mind making her hungry.

"Cereal is only good when it hasn't sucked up all the milk."

Nessa rolled her eyes. "Try it one day."

"You try cold pizza one day then."

"Whatever." Nessa looked at her phone and let out a groan, it was already 11:07pm. "We have to go now."

Eric nodded, not bothering to move. "1 minute."

"I'm going to kick you." She told him with frustration.

"You stress yourself out too much, Young. I can't imagine how crazy you'll be for your own wedding."

"You're such a jerk." She insulted, glowering at Eric who looked like he wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

"This will be the only time where we get to relax for a bit, you need it so be grateful that I brought you here." 

She rolled her eyes. "What do you mean but we get to relax? You've been relaxing this whole time!"

"I promise you I will work as hard as you to make this wedding incredible."

She stuck her pinky out and beamed at Eric. "Pinky promise?"

He sighed and lifted his pinky to intertwine it with hers. "Pinky promise." Eric slowly removed his pinky from hers and slowly held her hand in his instead.

Nessa's body tensed up as she looked at him then at the hand that was holding hers. She suddenly felt her hand intertwine with his, looking back up at the sky.