Stop With The Teasing

One month passed by and it couldn't have been more awkward between Eric and Nessa, he didn't do anything but avoid Nessa like she had a disease which she was totally fine with because she knew nothing good came out of hanging out together.

Today she was off to the dress shop to get a fitting with the rest of the bridal party without Lillian since she was resting at home, morning sicknesses got the better of her. 

"And she said you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself and I was like nu uh girl-" Thomas was ranting about some girl he met last night at a bar who was apparently getting on his last nerves. 

"Uh Thomas, what is this story about again?" Nessa interrupted, raising an eyebrow. 

He looked over at her. "This is the second time you've asked me that, Nes." A smirk began forming on his lips as they stopped walking towards the dress shop.  "Is Eric on your mind?" 

Lara began giggling. "I bet he is." 

Nessa rolled her eyes. "Shut it, guys." 

"You have a thing with Eric Hamilton?" Rose asked with a wondering expression, she was Lillian's close friend from college and was gorgeous with her light brown hair, brown skin and perfect white teeth that shone bright whenever she smiled. She was also petite and always wore outfits that suited her nicely. 

Lara smirked as she nudged Nessa who looked miserable. "She does." 

 "We went to summer band camp together in middle school." Rose brought up.  

"That must have been torture." Nessa mumbled under her breath, continuing to walk to the dress shop. They followed after her as their conversation went on about Eric. 

"And we dated for a bit." 

Lara quickly turned to point at her. "You're the Rose!" 

She cocked an eyebrow and laughed with confusion. "I'm the Rose?" 

Thomas's eyes grew large as well as he pointed at her too. "You are!" 

"You're the mystery girl that Eric was nuts about in middle school." Lara smiled, laughing loudly. 

"What's so funny?" Rose asked. 

Thomas shrugged and smirked. "Oh nothing, just funny memories." 

"You were the girl that Eric cried over for about a month and it was pretty funny for us." Nessa shouted over her shoulder. 

Thomas gasped loudly and dramatically. "You make us sound like we're horrible friends!" 

"We are." Nessa turned around to walk backwards, admitting the truth proudly. "Which is probably why he didn't tell us that you were the Rose." 

"You know him so well, Nes." Lara cooed, catching up to Nessa looping her arms through hers while she smirked at her. 

"Stop teasing me with that jerk." Nessa frowned, trying to get away from Lara. 

"Why not? You two are basically meant to be." 

"We hate each other! How does that make us meant to be?" 

"We all know you two don't hate each other anymore." Thomas joined in, rolling his eyes. 

"You guys need to get a life." Nessa frowned. "Stop trying to make something happen, losers." 

Lara and Thomas gasped loudly, placing a hand on their chests. 

"Ouch!" Thomas exclaimed sadly. 

"So rude." Lara squinted her eyes at Nessa. 

They both began to strut away but Thomas turned around. "Rose, come on. You don't deserve to be walking beside such negativity." 

Rose laughed lightly and shrugged as she looked at Nessa with a sympathetic smile. "Sorry." She caught up to them and then they looped their arms together, skipping happily to the door of the dress shop. 

***

Nessa slipped into a beautiful long blush pink chiffon dress that had a heart shaped neck line and thick straps, there was also a rope like belt that was the same color as the dress around the waist which made the dress look even more gorgeous. It also fit perfectly. 

They all walked out in their dresses, looking at each other and smiling. 

"Beyond beautiful." Thomas gushed, clapping his hands together. 

"Oh my! I'm sorry that I'm late!" Tiana apologized, barging in the store with a sweat beating down her forehead. "I just came from the gym and I forgot the time." 

Tiana was Lillian's cousin, she was extremely late for everything since she loved going to the gym and often forgot that she had a life outside of working out. She had tanned smooth skin, blonde hair that was originally dark brown which was chopped into a bob and although Tiana was 25 she could pass off as an 18 year old with her large green eyes.  Most of Lillain's relatives were extremely gorgeous. 

"You're ridiculous, Tiana." Lara sighed. "How do you have the motivation to work out?" 

"I don't know, it just makes me happy." She beamed, wiping her sweat with a towel that was laying  over her shoulders. 

"Get dressed, girl!" Thomas shooed Tiana into the dressing room. "And try not to make the dress soaking wet with your sweat." 

Nessa fell on her butt so she could sit down on the pedestal, a tired look on her face. 

"Are you okay, Nes?" Thomas asked, crossing his leg over the other one as he sat on the leather couch that was in front of the pedestals.  

She nodded, placing her chin in the palms of her hands while her elbows propped her head up as they dug into her thighs. "Sleepy." 

"Eric must be on your mind all night, hey?" Lara teased. 

"You bet." Nessa muttered quietly as her eyes closed. 

Suddenly loud squeals filled the room, her eyes immediately flying open to see her friends beaming brightly at her. 

"We knew it!" Thomas jumped up. 

"Knew what?" Tiara asked, coming out in a strapless long chiffon blush pink dress. 

"Nessa likes Eric." Lara quickly answered. 

"Finally! I called it from the beginning." She gushed in excitement, jumping up and down. 

Nessa watched them in confusion. "Wow! Wow! I would never like that twit." She stood up and crossed her arms over her chest. 

They all rolled their eyes at the same time as if they rehearsed it.

"Look, we all know that spending time with Eric must have had an effect on you." Lara told her. 

"And who can blame you? He's hot." Rose added. 

"And he is sweet when he wants to be and you know it." Tiara smiled. 

"And planning a wedding is obviously bound to spark romance even if it's your enemy." 

They all looked at Nessa in anticipation with their eyes large, awaiting for an agreement. 

She rolled her eyes. "Enough from you guys." 

Suddenly loud groans left their mouths as they went back to doing their own things. 

"I hate Eric Hamilton." Nessa said in a firm voice, feeling like she had to remind herself that she did.