Protect You

Minutes passed by which felt like hours for Nessa who couldn't stop shaking in fear and shock in the arms of Oliver who wouldn't stop comforting her. Once she entered the cabin, Lillian looked over at her, quickly moving towards Nessa in confusion and fright of her best friend's frantic face and shaky cries. 

"What the- Are you okay?" She asked immediately, wrapping her arms tightly around her in a soothing matter. 

Oliver moved away and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. 

Tiana raised an eyebrow as she walked down the stairs. "What happened?" She asked, moving to Nessa and Lillian. 

"Sit down." Lillian told her, bringing her Nessa to the couch for her to sit down. Once she sat down, Lillian moved onto the couch beside her holding her shaky hands into hers. 

Oliver came back with water, offering it to Nessa with a sad look on his face as he sat down on the coffee table. 

"What happened?" Tiana questioned Oliver, tapping him on the shoulder. 

He hesitated to answer but wasn't able to say anything since Rose was singing loudly down the stairs, a clueless look on her face but once her eyes met with the serious scene her mouth shut. 

"Oh, I'm sorry."She apologized but once she looked at Nessa her face immediately soften as she rushed her way over to her. "Why are you crying?" 

"What happened, Oliver?" Lillian asked in a loud voice, her eyes glowering towards him. 

Nessa took a sip of water and was about to answer when Tiana pointed at Nessa's arm, she gasped when there was a large bruise on her forearm. 

"What happened?" Tiana asked frantically, slowly picking it up as she analyzed it. 

Everyone looked at the bruise, Oliver grew with anger while the girls grew even more worried. Nessa remained silent as she gazed at the bruise she had no idea formed there. Caleb did grab multiple times in a rough and tight manner. 

Lillian's eyes grew watery. "Why won't you tell us what happened?" She cried in confusion and annoyance towards Oliver. 

Suddenly the door swung open loudly, Eric stomped into the cabin with his nose flaring and clenched bruised knuckles. He was steaming with anger as he looked at Nessa with disappointment and a red face. She's never seen him this angry since the day he bumped into his father. 

"What were you thinking?" He barked in anger as he glared at Nessa. 

She jumped at his sudden outburst of outrage towards her. 

Lillian frowned, standing up in front of Nessa to defend her. "Why are you yelling at her?" 

Oliver stood up, ready to stop Eric from doing anything that could harm anyone. Leah and Thomas rushed down the stairs at the sound of Eric's angry yell, everyone stood in confusion and fright. It was silent as Eric breathed heavily. 

"How stupid are you?" He shouted again, moving past Lillian and Oliver to stand right in front of Nessa who remained sitting. 

Nessa slowly stood up, she tried to walk away from him but he pulled her back in front of her. 

"What the hell, Eric!" Lillian shouted, she was about to grab him in anger but was stopped by Oliver who gently held her back. 

Eric let out a frustrated sigh, letting his hand run over his mouth. He couldn't help but be angry at the situation. "He could have raped you." He brought up in a low tone.   

Everyone gasped in shock at the information Eric bellowed loudly. 

"W-Why are you mad at me?" Nessa questioned, she looked up at him with watery eyes. 

He looked back at her, a feeling of guilt rushed through him but harden his stare immediately. Eric shook his head in sadness. "What if I wasn't there?" 

Eli and Will finally entered the cabin, now everyone was listening to Eric. 

Eric moved closer to her. "I don't know what I'd with myself if he got what he wanted from you and I wasn't there to protect you. I would never forgive myself." He whispered gently in the most loving tone Nessa has ever heard from him. 

Nessa continued looked up at him. He was no longer burning with anger, his hands weren't balled into fists and his eyes were now sad. She couldn't believe that Eric told her that. 

Quiet cries were audible in the room, it was Lillian who was weeping silently. Everyone was just stunned at what they had witnessed in Eric, they all knew he was extremely caring but he didn't show it instead he would cover it up with anything. 

And as the silence grew longer, Eric finally pulled away from Nessa's stare and walked out the cabin.