Big News

Nessa groaned as her eyes fluttered open, seeing the ceiling of her bedroom. She cocked an eyebrow, remembering that she was in the living room. She quickly sat up and looked around. It was quiet. When she finally got the strength to get up she immediately made her way to the living room where she thought she was sleeping. On the couch was Eric, not looking as horrible as he did the first time he slept there.

She moved closer to him and smiled, he was supposed to be sleeping in her room but he brought her there instead or she slept walked there but she preferred the first one. Quiet snores were leaving his mouth as his hands were nicely placed onto his chest, he looked peaceful. Nessa looked over at the clock, it was 11:09 am. She picked up the pizza box and brought it to the kitchen, a small smile forming on her lips remembering how they talked until 4 am and how comfortable they felt together.

Loud knocking interrupted her thoughts and she quickly made her way there so she could shut up whoever was at the door since Eric was still sound asleep. As she opened the door, Lillian stood there with Will both of them looking impatient and annoyed.

"Good morning." Nessa smiled nervously.

Lillain squinted her eyes at him. "Why haven't you been answering your phone?"

Will crossed his arms over his chest. "And why hasn't Eric been answering his phone?

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I left my phone in my bag and it was on silent, I must have not heard it." Nessa looked over at Will. "And for Eric, I have no idea."

Lillian walked past Nessa while Will looked down at her with a sympathetic look on his face. "Sorry Nes, she wanted me to be upset about something too."

Nessa laughed lightly and shook her head. "It's fine."

He nodded and walked past her.

"ERIC?!" Lillian shouted, looking down at Eric.

He fell off the couch and quickly got up, a startled look on his face. "I'm awake."

"You slept over?" Will cocked an eyebrow, looking between the blushing Nessa and confused Eric.

"I didn't know you two were close?" Lillan cocked an eyebrow.

"We're not." They both answered quickly.

They looked at each other and glared.

"We were just working stuff out with the budget and it was late so I just slept here." Eric answered, running a hand through his tousled hair.

Nessa nodded, knowing that it was half true since they didn't do anything closely related to the wedding.

"We only have six months until the wedding and I'm glad that we're all getting along here but we need to stay on track." Lillian told them as she walked around, cleaning up.

"Six months?" Eric mumbled under his breath.

"Yes, Hamilton. We have six short months." Lillian said in a firm tone. She crossed her arms over her chest, looking at Nessa and Eric. "What have we gotten done?"

Nessa quickly ran to her room, picking up her glasses and notepad which had everything regarding the wedding. When she got back, she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and flipped through the pages.

"We've got the budget, venue, wedding party, photographer and videographer." She looked up to see Lillain's worried face and her eyes quickly met with the notepad again. "We'll work on the invitations today." She looked up and smiled brightly at the nervous bride.