I'm Sorry

Eric glared at Nessa and shook his head with annoyance all over his face. "We dated for a year, something came up and we broke up. End of story."

Nessa glared at Eric. "You suck, Hamilton. " She punched his arm and frowned.

"OW!" He yelled, nursing his arm. "Don't be so immature." He punched her arm back.

"OW!" She shouted, holding her arm and pushing Eric with her other arm. 

"I'm driving, you moron." He pushed her back. 

"You're a moron." 

*** 

Its been weeks ever since the Evangeline situation, Will and Lillian ended up choosing that venue anyway making Eric a bit uneasy as they happily booked the place.

"Do you know how sick I am of seeing you, Nessa?" Eric said, laying on the couch upside with his head hanging off the edge as his eyes were on the tv. 

Nessa was sitting on the other couch, her eyes also on the tv.  "Do you know how sick I am of seeing you?"

Eric adjusted his position and sat up. "I think you like me."

She quickly looked at him and gaped. "You must be out of your mind."

He smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Keep dreaming, Hamilton."

"I see the way you look at me."

"With hate and disgust?"

"Do you mean with lust and admiration?"

She chucked a pillow at him. "You're an idiot."

He dodged it and caught the pillow. "You're in the denial stage, it's okay. You'll come to your senses."

"I don't know what's going through your little mind but-"

Suddenly, Eric's phone began to ring and he picked it up. "Hello?" His face slowly filling up with sadness as the conversation dragged on. "Alright, I'm coming." He quickly hung up and stood up. 

"What's wrong?" Nessa asked, seeing the worry on his face. 

He ignored her and walked towards the door. "Crap." Eric muttered under his breath, remembering that his car was down at a repair shop.

Nessa stood up and followed him. "Do you need a ride?"

His jaw and fists clenched as his frustration grew. "No." He left, slamming the door loudly behind him.

She cocked an eyebrow and sat back down on the couch.

The door opened again and Eric stomped into her dorm apartment. "Let's go."

Nessa nodded and followed Eric who was already walking out the door. "Where are we going?"

"Greendale Hospital."

***

The car was filled with tension as Eric ran his hand through his hair a couple of times while he let out nervous sighs, he couldn't sit still. When they finally got to the hospital, Eric jumped out of the car before Nessa could park the car. He booked it through the doors, bumping into a couple of people. Nessa watched and debated if she should follow after him, after 20 minutes of waiting she parked the car and got out.

"Hi ma'am, can I help you?" A lady behind the desk asked as Nessa entered the hospital.

"Yes, um a dark brown haired guy ran into here about 20 minutes and I'm looking for him."

She bite her bottom lip and nodded. "He's on the second floor, room 67." 

Nessa smiled and made her way there. When she got to the second floor, she immediately saw Eric pacing back and forth nervously down the hallway. She hesitated to make her way there but she slowly walked towards him. 

Suddenly a doctor walked up to Eric. 

"Hello Eric, sadly the chemotherapy did not work on your mother so we're going to have undergo high dose chemotherapy for 2 weeks before you mother can get a transplant, until then we will be contacting any close relatives for a match." 

Eric nodded, his eyes watery. "Thanks Doctor." 

"Of course." He smiled sympathetically. "You can come visit her again in a couple of days when she regains some strength." 

He smiled sadly and nodded again, his hands crossed over his chest. 

Nessa frowned as she heard everything that was said. 

"What are you doing here?" Eric asked a bit angrily as he turned around. 

She looked up at him with nervousness. "I-I don't know, I was just checking up on you." 

"Well, I'm fine. " He spat, pushing by her. 

"Do you need a ride home?" Nessa asked. 

"Just leave me alone." 

Nessa let out a sigh as she watched Eric walk away, she didn't know what he was going through but she knew that whenever she was upset all she wanted was a hug. 

"Eric, wait up." She ran after him and sucked in some breath. 

He turned around with anger plastered on his face. 

"I'm sorry." Before she could think, her arms flew around his torso with her head resting onto his chest. 

Eric tensed up to her touch but soon let his arms wrap around her, using everything he could to keep from breaking down. "Thanks loser."

"If it makes you feel better you can sleep at my place." 

He cocked an eyebrow. "This isn't the right time to seduce me, Young." He tried saying it in a teasing tone but it only came out to sound extremely sad.

Nessa tore herself away from him and glared. "I would never do that, I'm just trying to be nice."

Eric looked down and shook his head. "I'm good, Young."

"It's really okay-"

"I don't need your sympathy." He growled, stomping away from her.