Caretaker Part 2

After Nessa ate Fruit Loops with Eric, they decided to watch something on Netflix and even though Christmas was nowhere near close they decided to watch 'Love Actually' which Nessa begged Eric to play. She convinced him by saying it would be worth it so with a loud groan, he picked it making Nessa beam. 

Minutes after, she looked over at him and saw him getting really into it a satisfying smirk forming on her face. She was laying on her stomach with the hot pack resting on her back once again, her head was at the foot of the bed so she could see the tv clearly without sitting up. Eric sat down on the bed but as far away from Nessa, his butt barely on the bed since he didn't want it to seem like he desired to be close to her. 

Her eyes went back to the screen and although she was looking at the tv her mind was else where and more on Eric, the memories they've had together filled her mind and it frustrated her. 

"Eric." She called quietly after half of the movie played. 

He hummed, indicating that she had his attention since his focus was all on the movie. 

"What's going to happen after the wedding?" She wondered, removing the hot pack from her back. 

Eric looked over at her. "Be more specific." He stood up and moved to her side of the bed, helping her lay on her back. 

"Oh you know, do you think we're still going to be friends?" She questioned, pushing away a strand of hair that was on her face. 

He continued to hover over her then cocked an eyebrow a questioning look on her face. "We're friends?" 

"You should be happy that I consider you my friend." 

He scoffed. "I should?" 

Nessa nodded like it was an obvious answer. "I'm an awesome friend." 

"I mean, you're okay." He went back other side of the bed and sat down. "Actually you're pretty bad." 

She frowned and rolled her eyes. "Whatever." 

"I hope we never talk after the wedding." He finally answered the question. 

Suddenly she felt her heart drop, trying to hide her hurt feelings she teased. "You would probably be miserable without me." 

"Probably not." 

Nessa pouted. "Don't deny it, Hamilton." 

He looked over at her and was suddenly serious. "As much as I hate to say it, you're not as bad as I remembered you to be." 

"That's the nicest thing you've said to me." She smiled, placing a hand on her heart. 

The movie continued to play but their attention was on the conversation they were having, they missed talking like this. 

"To be honest, I talk more to you than Will." Eric cringed, he was already laying down. His head was beside her legs and vice versa. "It's horrible." 

She let out small laugh. "I haven't been talking to Lil a whole lot either. I didn't even tell her about the transplant I was doing." 

He gasped and sat up to look at her with shock. "You didn't tell Lil?" 

Nessa shook her head. "I didn't want anyone to know especially her, she would freak." Then she shrugged. "But I wish I told her, it would have been nice to have her there." 

"But I was there and that was better, right?" He joked, laying back down. 

Nessa wasn't going to admit it but she was glad that he was there. "Don't flatter yourself." 

"You didn't say no though." 

"No." 

He rolled his eyes and looked over at the time, it was already 2:07 am. "Time for bed. " He announced, sitting up.  

"Alright, help me up." 

He moved over to her side and helped her so she could have her head on the pillow, her side resting on the bed. It was a good thing that Nessa was already changed into sweats and a t shirt so she didn't have the problem of changing until tomorrow. Eric waited until she looked comfortable then threw the blanket over her slim body. 

"Are you sleeping on the floor?" She questioned, knowing that he wouldn't sleep on the same bed as her. 

He nodded, removing the blanket and pillow beside her then throwing it on the floor. "Night, Young."

She smiled and let her eyes drop. 

*** 

"Eric." Nessa whimpered quietly, she was suddenly feeling shivers all over her body. She cursed under breath at the poor cooperation of her body all she wanted to do was sleep, she was beyond tired. 

He groaned and turned over. "What?"  

"Come here." 

"No." 

"Please." She pleaded, the shivering continuing. 

Moments later and he got up, his eyes still closed as he moved to the bed. "What's wrong?" He asked, opening his eyes to see her shivering. "Are you cold?" He immediately picked up his blanket from the carpeted floor and onto her shaking body. 

She ignored his question, pulling the blanket higher over her body. 

Eric grew worried and without thinking moved in beside her, wrapping his one arm over her and the other tucking it under her pillow. And tenderly as he could he pulled her closer to him, her back against his chest as he tried to comfort and lessen the shivering. "It's okay, it's okay." He repeated into her ear, nervousness and slight panic entering his system. 

Nessa could feel her heart rate go through the roof and the butterflies fluttering throughout her stomach once he wrapped his arms around her. 

Minutes passed by which felt like hours to both of them, they couldn't feel comfortable than they did in that moment. 

"Are you okay?" Eric asked, once the shivering stopped. 

Nessa remained silent, she hated to admit but she didn't want the moment to end. 

He sighed and continued to hold her, although the person in his arms was someone he hated the most he couldn't seem to let her go. His eyes ran across her peaceful face, a feeling a relief filled him. He began to push aside the strands of hair that was on her face and without stopping he softly kissed her on the cheek, not even caring if she was awake or not to feel it.