Bottled Up

Once Nessa woke up, she could feel a tight grip around her waist. Her eyes opened instantly slowly turning her head to see that it was Eric that was clinging onto her, she looked at their position and blushed shortly after. Last thing she remembered last night was Eric kissing her cheek but she couldn't believe it, convincing herself that it was apart of her dream. 

Suddenly, Eric brought her closer dipping his face into her neck. Her breathing immediately stopped once she felt his lips graze her neck for a second, she bite down on her lip and shut her eyes tight hoping that it was a dream. She didn't know how to react to the situation, she knew that her heart was soaring and it couldn't frustrate her more.

Few minutes passed by and Nessa continued to argue with herself if she should just wake him up so they it would save the awkwardness from if he just woke up himself. Eric stirred, his eyes shot open once he noticed that he wasn't alone in his bed. Nessa looked over at him, both of their eyes wide as they looked at each other. 

Eric slowly moved his arms away from Nessa with his eyes still wide. "We were just cuddling?" He asked once he got off the bed. 

"This stays between us." She told him, knowing that the answer was more than obvious. 

He nodded and walked out of the room. 

***

After what seemed like hours, Nessa finally made it to the car with Eric waiting impatiently in the car. They ignored each other as they got ready to go back to the hospital, he helped her once in a while but when he did they both kept their mouths shut.  

They remained silent in the car, awkwardness filling the air. They both knew that this was going to happen, cuddling with your enemy isn't ideal. 

Once they got there, Nessa looked over at Eric. "This time can you actually help me?" 

He nodded and got out of the car walking over to her side of the car, opening the door and guiding her out bringing her to the hospital with a bouquet of yellow tulips in his other hand. They stopped by Nessa's grandparents flower shop to pick them up before they headed off to the hospital. 

Once they entered, the receptionist beamed knowing exactly who they were. "Good morning Nessa!" She smiled, her eyes suddenly fell on Eric a teasing smirk formed on her lips. "And Eric." 

Nessa rolled her eyes at her joking attitude. "Morning, Tess." She smiled. 

Eric noticed as well, rolling her eyes with Nessa. "Good morning." 

"Oh! Before you go in, please put these on." She offered them surgical masks. 

Eric took them both, giving one to Nessa. They continued their way to room 67, Eric jumping in excitement to see his mother. Once they got there, they slipped on the masks and walked into room finding no one in there but a nurse tossing the wilted tulips he gave his mother into the garbage. 

"Where's my mom?" Eric asked in a frantic tone, his eyes large. 

The nurse quickly looked up. "Oh, we moved her to room 80. Due to her transplant she's going to kept in a more isolated room to reduce the chance of infection." She explained to Eric who was slowly calming down as he listened to the nurse. 

"Thank you." He abruptly told her, leaving the room with Nessa trying to catch up to him. 

Eric sped walk towards his mother's room, a look of desperation just to see her. Nessa admired how much he loved his mother, it was sweet. 

When they finally got to the floor, Eric rushed to the desk informing them that he was her son. And as they kept walking down past glass doors and other patients they finally got there and there she was, he looked at his mother a rush of relief washed over him. Glass doors in front of them, she was hooked up to wires while a nurse was doing a check up she looked worse than she did in the first place.