Deep Trouble

Nessa slipped on an apron, a smile forming on her face. It's been months since she last baked, her grandmother loved to bake and it rubbed off of Nessa making baking one of her favorite hobbies. She reached up and sleeked her hair back into a ponytail, getting out all the ingredients ready after. She wanted to bake cupcakes as samples for the wedding and so they could cheer up Lillian who was now in her 2nd month of pregnancy, she's been constantly moody and Nessa was hoping to cheer her up. 

It was weird to see her friend gain weight due to a baby that was inside of her, Lillian found her wedding dress with much difficulty but at least she did. It was quite a week to find the dress but the instant Lillian put the dress on they all knew it was the one. 

Nessa moved to her CD player and placed a Micheal Buble album, excitement written all over her face. She couldn't wait to get started so she made her way to the kitchen once the music began playing, her hands reached for the measuring cups and began taking ingredients. 

"Nes!" She heard a familiar voice call. 

She let out a sigh knowing that it was Eric. "In the kitchen." 

Recently, Eric would casually walk into her apartment exactly knowing where the spare key even if Nessa moved it. They grown extremely close over the months, hanging out constantly but also arguing as well. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, leaning against the counter looking at Nessa who was concentrating on measuring the dry ingredients. 

"Baking." 

"Thanks, Captain Obvious."

She rolled her eyes and plopped the ingredients in a big bowl. "Put an apron on and wash your hands." 

Eric sighed and listened, slipping on an apron than washing his hands. "What do you need, boss?"

"Just get the cupcake tin prepared." She told him, nodding towards the cupcake papers and the tin.

He nodded and moved towards the other side of the counter. "Do I get to have one as a reward for helping?" 

"It depends, you could probably ruin them." 

Eric scoffed and rolled his eyes, glancing over at the smirking Nessa. "Me? You mean you could probably ruin them." 

 "Oh come on, Eric. I've been baking all my life." 

"But you haven't been baking with a hunk like me." He posed, placing a hand on his chin as he looked in the distance while pouting his lips. "So you might get pretty distracted." 

Nessa snorted than rolled her eyes. "Don't count on it, Hamilton." 

He smiled than continued to work at dropping the liners into the cupcake placements. "Is this for Lil?" 

She nodded. 

"The other day I came over she was so happy to see me that she cried than the next minute she shouted at me for not coming on time, it was scary." 

Nessa laughed quietly. "There are only 7 months left." 

He let a loud groan. "7 painful months." 

"This is why I'm baking so I can get on her good side for a couple of days."

Eric quickly looked over at her and frowned. "Excuse me, don't forget about me." 

"You basically just barged into my apartment, you don't count."

"I do count."

"No, you don't." 

"I'm helping you, aren't I?" He asked, gesturing to the covered cupcake placements.

Nessa rolled her eyes. "Fine, but I get most of the credit."