The Ugly Duckling by kissmyredlips

Synopsis:

If you're looking for the ugly duckling who turned into a swan, then you got the wrong book.

Les' best friend, Dee, just got rejected by the love of her life. According to the guy, ayaw niya sa babaeng conservative, hindi aggressive, underdog, weak, boring at manang katulad ni Dee. Now, Dee's convinced that love is all about how you look. Les tried to convince her otherwise but she's too broken to be swayed. Despite Les' abhorrence towards love, she doesn't want her best friend to end up with a broken esteem. Kaya ngayon ay handa siyang gawin ang lahat mapatunayan lang niya na sa pagmamahal, puso ang ginagamit-hindi ang mata. Even if she, a total bitchesa swan, needs to turn into an ugly duckling... So be it.

----------------------

(I'll make it vague to avoid spoilers)

Definitely not your typical cliche college romance story.

Maria Celestine/Les is a woman full of life. She loves to party and enjoy life. A woman, who's not afraid to play and fool around. Mahilig sya mag-schemes, just to keep herself entertained. Since she decided to prove to her bestfriend that an ugly duckling is also capable to be loved, makikilala nya si Sage, ang lalaking nag-reject sa Bff nya. Sage, is kinda allergic to women who were damsel in distress. How is she going to make him fall if she is prentending to be a weakling? Masusubukan ang kanyang pasensya at determinasyon sa lalaking ayaw na ayaw sa presensya nya bilang ugly duckling. How far she's willing to go just to make a point?

A very interesting plot, and unexpeted twist. Aakalain mo na yun na yun twist pero hindi pa pala. When I found out about the major twist, I was like "What the heck?! ginawa nya talaga yun?" Mapapatanong ka nalang ng "Deserve pa ba nya ng another chance?" Then mapapabilib ka nalang dun sa isa dahil napaka-forgiving nya, to think na ilang beses na syang naloko at nasaktan.

"If you really love someone, you should learn to accept their flaws and imperfections." yan ang motto ng story na to pa sakin.

I really like that it's Young Adult because its wholesome, mas na-appreciate ko.

Happy Reading!
xoxo