Father Figure

Your POV:

"You ready?" My social worker asked. "If you're not I can take you back."

"I need to do this." I said. "I need to know why they gave me up." I looked at her. "I've wondered for 18 years why they wanted my sibling but not me." 

"I don't want you to hear something you didn't want to." She said. "I'm trying to protect you from getting hurt."

"Everyone's trying to protect me from stuff! If I get hurt I get over it. Let me do this." I said.

She sighed. "Fine. Go ahead."

I got out of the car and walked to the house that my birth parents lived in. Once at the door I knocked on it.

A tall man opened the door. "Hello."

"Hi." I said. "I'm Y/N."

He nodded. "Yeah I know." He said. "I'm Jay. Come in." He moved out of the way. "She's here!" He yelled. A women about my height came into the room.

"Hi I'm Jess." She said. "I'm your mother."

I stared at her. "No you're not." I said. "My mother's back in Georgia." I shrugged.

She looked down. "I see you've met your older brother." I looked at him. 

"Why'd you keep him but not me?" I glared at her. "What was so wrong with me that you just didn't care. You gave up on a baby!" 

"We couldn't afford you! You had so many issues at birth and we couldn't afford it!"

"SO YOU GAVE ME UP!" I yelled at her. "HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE! YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO HELP YOUR CHILD SO YOU LET SOMEONE ELSE DEAL WITH IT?"

"When you're a parent you'll understand!"

"WHEN I'M A PARENT I'LL MAKE SURE THAT EVEN IF I'M HAVING TROUBLE HELPING MY CHILD I FIND A WAY THROUGH IT!" I said. "Do you even know the shit I went through? I had to get homeschooled cause every school I went too I was the orphan. I was the kid who's parents didn't want her."

"And I'm sorry-"

"I don't want your apology! Everything you say to me right now is bullshit!"

"Then why are you here."

"I was here cause I was hoping for a better reason than "we couldn't afford it" I mean come on! You  could afford him but not me?" 

She rolled her eyes. "Your medical bills were too high."

"You had enough money." Jay mumbled. "You just didn't care enough to pay. The doctors said she wouldn't make it and you believed them. The minute they told you it didn't look good for her you lost hope." He finished.

I looked down and shook my head. "Does it look like I didn't make it?" I looked up at her. "This was a mistake. Coming here." I walked to the door. Jay followed me to the door. 

"I'm sorry she's an ass." He said.

"Yeah. Thanks for telling me the truth. No matter how fucked up it was."

He shrugged. "You're my sister I guess. Gotta look out." 

I smiled. "I'll see you around then."

"Where you going?" 

"Georgia. Back with my mom."

"Yeah you're living with that Hope Solo chick right?" I nodded. "Well tell her I said she's doing a good job. Better than this."

"You live with her." 

"I don't. She's not even the one who called. I did and said I was your dad. He passed a few years ago. Shot at work. I go to school out west but once I found you I came here."

"She didn't even want to see me?"

"No. I was 6 when you were born. When the doctors said you might not make it she lost hope right away. She cheated on my dad one night and you were the outcome. He was mad but he still wanted you, she didn't though. They fought and fought and then she lied and said you didn't make it after you were born. So he packed up our stuff and me and him left."

I stood there. "Our dad was a good guy. He was my hero. If she never lied we would've been together this whole time." He scoffed. "Crazy how things work out huh?"

My social worker beeped. "Y/N Kelley's calling me. We need to go."

"I'll let you go." He took out a piece of paper. "I was hoping you'd stick around enough so if you ever need anything, a big brother, a father figure, a best friend." He gave me the paper. "I'm a phone call or text away." He smiled.

"Thanks Jay."

"No problem." He put his hands in his pockets.

I walked down the stairs and to the car. "I'm taking you to the airport right now." She said handing me her phone once we started driving. "Call Hope."

Sorry it took long I've been dealing with school. Figuring out college shit and soccer and everything. I've got things under control so its all good. I'm also taking my SATs soon so if I ever disappear for a while it's cause of that. Again sorry it took so long but ta da!!!!