I'm A Parent

Hope's POV:

It's been a few days since Jerramy. Y/N has still been quiet. 

She has her first game with her team in a few days and I wanna make it special. So I called the team and all the girls were coming to Seattle to watch her.

She came down stairs and went to the fridge. "Good morning." I said. She looked at me.

"Yeah."

Jerramy came into the room. "Hello." He kissed my head. He watched Y/N drink her milk.

She stared straight ahead of her and didn't say anything. "Y/N has her first game soon. You gonna come?"

He shook his head. "Got better things to do." He said glaring at her and walking out. Once he was gone Y/N let out a long breathe and looked at the floor. 

"I have practice." She said walking back towards the stairs. 

"I'll drive you." 

She looked at me then at Jerramy who's back was to us. "I can walk." She said and went to her room.

*game day*

Me and the team sat in the stands and watching the 2 teams warm up. "How has she been doing?" Amy asked.

"Ever since that night she's been quiet. Whenever Jerramy is around you can clearly tell she gets tense. She knows he doesn't want her and it makes her uneasy." I sighed watching her take a shot.

"How has he been?" Carli asked.

"Let's just say he is definitely making it known that he doesn't want her." Carli nodded. "I asked him if he wanted to come today and he said he had better things to do."

Carli scoffed.

"The poor kid was in the room." I shook my head. "I don't know what to do."

The teams went to the locker rooms then came out for the game. We watched closely. Y/N's team was winning 2-0 by halftime. 

In the 2nd half half the other team had a corner kick. Y/N and another player went up for it. They hit heads and both fell. I jumped up. 

"OH SHIT!" I heard Kelley yell.

"I've been there and both of them are probably so out of it right now!" Morgan said. I thought back to the World Cup semifinal. 

The teams trainers ran onto the field. The girl on the other team got up and walked off to the side. 

"Come on Y/N." I said watching her. They sat her up and there was blood on her face. "She's bleeding." I said.

They got her to the side, near our seats and tried to clean the blood. "You gotta come out." The trainer said. "You need stitches."

"Nah I gotta finish the game." She said. Her eyes were a bit closed. They got all the blood off and signaled for a substitution.

"You're done for today." The trainer said. They made the substitution and Y/N sat on the side near us. "Get the stretcher ready." He said.

They got it and started to put her on it. I ran down to them. "I'm her legal guardian." I said. "I'm going with you." They nodded and I went with them.

"We'll meet you there!" Heather said. I nodded and we left.

In the ambulance Y/N was covering her face.

"How you doing?" I said.

"My head hurts." She said.

"You have a concussion." 

"Damn." I laughed at her. 

We got to the hospital and they took her in to give her stitches. I waited with the team. "Parents of Y/N L/N?" I stood up. "She got stitches. And she has a concussion." He said. "She's gonna need to be sidelined for a while but she's clear to go home." 

I nodded. I signed her out and we went home. She sat on the couch and we all sat with her. 

"My head hurts." She said.

"It's gonna." Ali said.

"Like really fucking bad."

I shook my head at her language. "Y/N."

"Sorry." She said putting her head back. "Was Hope scared?"

"Really scared." Ashlyn said. I glared at her. "It was more worried though. We all were."

Y/N nodded. 

The team left to go to their hotels and Y/N was in her room. She was in bed and I was standing next to her. "You've really given me a few scared these few weeks." I laughed. She stayed silent.

"Are you gonna take me back?" She asked.

"What made you think that?" I sat next to her.

"I heard you talking with Jerramy-"

"He wants me to give you back but I don't want to. In case you forgot cause you got hit in the head today but we're a team. If he doesn't want you then he doesn't want me either." She smiled. 

"I don't want to be the reason you guys split up." She said quietly.

"If we do it won't just be on you. It will be because of other things." I brushed her hair back. I kissed the top of her head and got up. "I'll see you in the morning." I walked to the door.

"Hope." I stopped and looked at her. "Can you stay?" I smiled and nodded. I got into bed next to her and she put her head on my chest. "I'm sorry for scaring you so much."

I laughed. "I'm a parent now. I gotta be used to being worried about you."

We laid there and I thought she fell asleep. "I love you." I kissed her head again.

"I love you too." She mumbled. 

I smiled again and fell asleep with her in my arms.

AWWWW CUTIES!!!!!! USA WON TODAY!!! 8-0!! PRESS WITH THE HAT TRICK, HAO WITH THE BRACE, JJ WITH THE HEADER, ENGEN WITH THE HEADER, AND KLING WITH THE GOALLLLLL! Her celebration was EVERYTHING! So happy for her. This victory tour is gonna be fun!!!

So happy Ashlyn got to play today even if it was only for a half. Hope and her didn't have to do much anyway. Sad Kelley was on the bench today though but she was chillin with her shades on.